Chapter 20

Jiro leaned forward, clutching the soft material of Ana's shorts as he pulled her closer. Rising to meet her lips, he lifted Ana onto the counter. Kissing Ana was sweeter than the first drop of blood after a long wait.

Her arms wrapped around his neck, indulging in the kiss that she'd craved for longer than she'd admit. She would not refuse him, not when she wanted this kiss and more.

Jiro's hands smoothed under the tight camisole, searching over the taut back muscles as he slowly lifted the material higher. Breaking from the kiss, Jiro lifted the shirt over Ana's head and dumped it on the counter.

They looked at each other. Jiro's fingers slid over Ana's jaw, curving under her ear before kissing her again. The wait hadn't been a long one, but it felt like it had been to him. He'd tried to avoid it, he believed that making a move would kill the growing friendship, but he couldn't take it any longer.

It was like something snapped inside of him. A realisation that despite everything, she still cared. His presence in her life could have been her downfall, and it still could be. There was nothing to say that the ramifications from Marama's efforts wouldn't make life difficult for Ana in the future.

When his mind snapped, Jiro could only focus on Ana. The svelte body that came from years of running around this infernal city, now wrapped in short and tight clothes. The eyes seemed to burn through him and expose his darkest secrets and desires. The way that she bit her lip when she was thinking about something. When her eyes darted to him, Jiro thought she was thinking about him. He hoped that she was.

The kiss that was returned was proof of that. It was a leap of faith, one that he was not used to taking. At least, this him wasn't. Ana's words and questions about his past and how he came to be this dark creature had left Jiro in an odd place. He had questions, and even though he'd had them before Ana, they seemed to resonate loudly within him now.

Lifting Ana off the counter, Jiro walked to the bed. He craved all of her now and was grateful that his needs and desires were reciprocated.

Pulling back the top covers while not dropping Ana wasn't an easy task, made worse by the fact that he didn't want to stop kissing her either. Jiro thought it was like he feared she'd refuse him if it ended. Jiro would accept whatever she wanted but the irrational fear still burned. The way she kissed him told Jiro that she wanted whatever he could give her.

Lowering Ana to the bed, Jiro leaned over her. His hand smoothed up her thigh, reaching the shorts that he desperately wanted to remove. Patience would find him. He vowed not to rush this moment. They had all morning, and it would leave them tired and make their sleep schedule a complete write off, but that was okay. They both needed to avoid the world outside the apartment for a few days.

As he lowered, Jiro pressed his lips against Ana's neck, moving higher with more delicate kisses. She gasped, feeling the flutter of pleasure take flight inside her body.

Carefully Jiro laid on Ana's body, wary of causing her grief and himself pain. So far, it was okay. He couldn't feel any of the burn marks flaring up, and Jiro hoped that it would remain that way.

Brushing his fingers through the top of Ana's hair, he looked down at her. The smile on her face was breathtaking. He ran the tip of his nose over hers before leaning in to kiss her again.

Ana's fingers danced over the sides and along Jiro's back for as far as she could reach. They skirted along the edge of the sweatpants, teasing under the band before moving on.

It was far too bright. Ana reached up to the panel above her head and turned off the harsh fluorescent lights, and changed them to the soft pink and purple neon lights that were littered around the apartment. They were bright enough to let them see all that they needed but dull enough to create a better mood.

Jiro moved between her legs, making himself more comfortable but, in the process, causing a flurry of delectable sensations deep inside of Ana. Amused, Jiro did it again.

"You're a monster," she whispered.

"I could stop."

"That would make you an even bigger monster."

Sitting back on his legs, Jiro gazed at the almost naked beauty before him. As much as he hoped this was how the day would end, he did not think it would happen this way.

Sliding his fingers under the edge, Jiro lifted Ana's hips up and pulled the shorts down.

"How long?"

"For what?"

The pants were tossed to the floor. Jiro's hands smoothed over the soft skin of her waist, rising high as he laid back down.

"How long have you wanted this?"

"Oh, I don't know. Probably since the first punch. It was a little unexpected. Everything about you is unexpected, and I can't get enough of the way that you are."

Ana chuckled.

"You?"

"Probably about then, but I was trying to deny it."

Jiro nodded as he awkwardly shifted out of the sweatpants. They were a fraction too small, but Jiro could still wear them easily. Not that he wanted to at the moment. Gracing the floor with their presence was the duty for the sweatpants today. Jiro wasn't going to put them back on for a while. Perhaps as long as he could manage and the time in between would be spent entertaining a beautiful woman.

"I know. Like-minded souls and all that. The problem is, I think that I would not be happy if I tried to ignore how I felt."

But now, he was precisely where he wanted to be. They both were. Denying it had been their beginning, avoiding and ignoring the thoughts were the constant. Now, it was the past, and the future was unknown but neither cared. They knew that this was meant to be.