Arcacia Academy

[ FLASH FORWARD: 4 YEARS LATER ]

Virdjana's POV

"Look Virdjana, they got new stores selling weapons. That's new. Though they have a no-violence policy here." commented Reggie as he hovers from my left and then above my head.

"Hey! Hey Foreigner get out of the way!" shouted a bulky man who was pulling a large cart of vegetables across the road.

"Enchant." I spouted out of nowhere, perhaps I am getting ahead of myself.

"What did you say?" He slammed the neck yoke of the wagon, scowling, and his eyes widening. This man has obvious anger issues.

"I said. Your wagon is blocking my way." I started with a forced smile.

"Seriously V, you still can't do a normal smile?" sighed Reggie, "whatever I'm going to rest." and he returns to my necklace.

"Well, you can just walk around it right?!" He remarked loudly, loud enough to attract the crowd's attention.

"Right." I nodded and did exactly what I wanted. "Take care."

As soon as I walked past him, I juggled the pocket of gold coins in my palms. "I knew it. They became more relaxed when I disappeared."

However, doing thievery is not my main purpose here at Arcacia, not anymore. A few kilometers from where I am, its castle-like features, and crystal-like windows reflect its magnificence, the magic school of Arcacia, Arcacia Academy.

Commoners of the slums always talk about the rich nobles and strong people inside. I always pass by every morning before, I heard that they call the students here Enchants, but are they as good as the rumors go? The students receive their basic needs, get private lessons to hone their magic, and live normally.

"A normal life."

"You are staring at that school again. I guess old habits die hard." Reggie sighed, before quickly heading in the direction of our old base. I have built this isolated, and cozy little tree house up above the pine trees in the forestry of the city. Not a single Arcacian had an idea that their notorious thief lives there.

"Jeez, I know that already. But just so you know, I'd give all those riches back at base for a new life." I told him with a straight face before shrugging.

"You will?" He glanced at me quizzically.

"Maybe," I answered without batting him an eye.

The quietness between us is normal as if I am hanging out with the wind itself, constantly blowing around me like a whispering guide.

"How do you think the Chief is doing now?" I thought out loud, but it does not really matter if I say it or not, I can communicate with him telepathically too.

"You care about her? We got better things to think about." he stated with a nonchalant expression.

Things you wanted to think about, you mean.

As I climbed the tree with ease, jumping from one branch to another, my mind continued wondering what life would be as an Enchant. Is there a possibility that I would study there someday?

Most of the students accepted into the prestigious university are from wealthy known households with strong connections to the military, and politicians. It's rare to get accepted just because you're talented or skilled. Hell, your background is thoroughly reviewed.

With that thought, it sounds like I would not be able to experience what I want.

I could only smirk as I lay my back on the mattress inside the cave-like space I made inside the tree. A person with a unique power? I am getting too confident with my power again to think that I continue to dream that I would be invited for that sole reason. Whatever.