Follow Up

Virdjana's POV

I was beginning to enjoy the quietness of our little hallway trip. I get to see parts of the academy I would not usually notice when I'm busy running away from the Arcamy guards.

As the group guides me to my quote-unquote inevitable defeat, a familiar feeling hovered around me, that I am being observed by other people in a judgemental manner.

"For your information, we are the Trouble Makers, TM for short." began Ruby Xercedes, her plumped body swaying with her assets.

"Trouble Makers. Do you live up to that silly name?" I asked while following them.

"That's right newbie, and we don't fear you. Be grateful that we are giving you the chance to even speak to us." Ruby remarked with an arrogant smile.

This woman is talkative. I bet she's the leader of this group.

"You should worry more about the aftermath of this fight," I smirked.

They looked at one another as if they were not expecting me to talk back to them. Their expressions showed great dislike towards my statement. Ruby raised her hand, apparently giving a signal to her group members about something. Those kinds of secretive glances are worth suspicion, thus I did not hesitate to activate my ability to read others' minds through the necklace.

'Use your elemental weapons as soon as we get there. She would be forced to reveal her power then.' thought Ruby.

Upon reaching a particular demoded building, the five of them wasted no time surrounding me.

"Is there a rule?" I asked.

"Fistfight only. I won't blame you if you chicken out now!" Ruby exclaimed as she immediately orders one of her subordinates to attack me.

Huh. They're slow?

I don't even need to block the incoming punch. Bending my knee, I swept the girl away with a round‐house kick to her head. The girl groaned in pain as she stumbled on the ground, face reddening either out of pain or anger.

"She's fast?!" Panicked the tallest member of the group before taking a defensive stance.

"Tch, be alert," Ruby muttered under her breath.

I sprinted towards two gang members to my right and seeing me act forced them to raise their hands to block in advance.

"You're blocking so early?" I bet they were expecting a frontal attack. I stopped before somersaulting above them and hitting their faces with a Brazilian kick.

"Oh the look on their faces says it all, they were expecting a front kick," I commented as I turn around to face Ruby and her other remaining member.

"How dare you hurt them!" Ruby shouted.

"This is a fight. Don't forget about that." I stated.

"Three down," I told the girl to provoke her more.

Ruby sneered at me. She jumped, attempting to strike my head with a punch, but I ducked on time.

Honestly, her form is too predictable. Before reaching the ground, I grabbed her leg and slammed her onto the soil.

Ruby screamed in pain, but her fighting spirit was not easy to break as I assumed. In the following seconds, I found myself kneeling on the ground, my ears bleeding.

"What the hell?" I cursed as I notice that it was not a normal kind of scream. My eyes widened as I felt something sharp in the air thrown in my direction "Blades made by sound?"