Alley Talk

[FLASHBACK]

."What else... did you do?" Kadaski Nueva has his eyebrows furrowed, paired with the increasing rate of his heartbeat towards the impending revelation he would hear. 

"I kick their asses so hard that they were forced to beg at their feet. Then they started calling me Albus Feles since they become unlucky when I'm around." There was not yet a second that Virdjana had dropped the smug expression on her face. 

That was not exactly what he was expecting.

"You'll fit in with the Trouble Makers." reacted the Orange Flame of Madoka before scrunching his nose, and coughing to the strong scent coming from the alleyway. 

"Maybe. Let's talk about your nightmares now." veered Virdjana as she secretly started to get tired of the current subject.

"Yeah right. Not so fast," Kadaski walked closer to the girl, "your throwback sounded odd. Your personality doesn't match your story."

The Eumythymn raised a brow, picks her left ear then blows the tip of that finger. "My personality?"

"As far as I have observed you're cunning, unpredictable, and emotionally indifferent. You also have violent tendencies, and you do not hesitate to show them whenever you are challenged in a bad way. With that said, kicking their asses hard is an understatement. " stated Kadaski Nueva with confidence. "I'm not convinced. You're omitting something."

"What a twisted description." Virdjana Phantom Assassin fell silent for a moment. "I could almost say I'm hurt."

The girl's response caught the Fire Enchant off guard, but Kadaski tried his best to withstand the unexplainable effect of the Wind Enchant on himself. 

"You're asking more from me when you haven't even shared anything important to you." Virdjana's hand made its way to the hilt of her blade, quietly pondering if she should end the conversation now.

Kadaski stood his ground, not backing down. "I haven't made up my mind whether I should trust you or not, but I am a man of my word. It's official this time." 

"Does trust even play a part in this discussion? You think I trust you already when I shared my little backstory when I was here at Retromalus?" a condescending expression shadowed the Eumythymn's face. "What we have here is an exchange of information. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

Kadaski opened his mouth to counter, but Virdjana was not done talking.

"If you're not willing to do it, then I'm afraid you won't hear more from me. Keep those nightmares to yourself. I can at least sympathize that those images you've been seeing are not easy to forget, nor share with strangers." The Wind Enchant lost her interest, beginning to turn away from Kadaski Nueva.

"A woman made of flames!" shouted the boy, "Every time I saw myself staring at my reflection from a pool of water. I looked happy. I play around for a few seconds, afterward, everything goes downhill."

'A woman made of flames?' Virdjana echoed in her head, she shifts her body to face Kadaski. 

"Arrows would rain down from the skies, and the same woman would stop it all in the flick of her fingers only to," the Fire Enchant paused as the visualization of the nightmare replayed inside his head, "only to burn up and scream in pain. I know, it sounded random, but dreams are like that. Then she started screaming at me, she appears to be mad. Finally, she will launch herself to me and that's where I would wake up sweating."

"Ha! There you go. You finally blabbed. I guess the little reverse psychology works on you." exclaimed the Wind Enchant. hands crossed in front of her chest. 

"Why you?!" Kadaski could not help but burrow his face in his hands. 'Shame on you Kadaski, you let her fool you like that?!' that was his inner thoughts.

"There. I talked about it. Tell me why are you curious about it. Don't try any more tricks, I will burn you." threatened the pissed-off Fire Enchant. 

"I'm not that lame." Virdjana blows a piece of her hair, before placing her hands on her hips. "It sounds like an Awakening to me."

Kadaski appears to be doubtful, but he also has no proof that Virdjana is lying to him. "An Awakening of what? You can't just keep me hanging like that."

"You loud piece of charcoal. I'm not an expert on this matter. Don't try milking anything more from me." replied the girl. 

Of course, Virdjana does know more, but if she starts talking about it then they might end up chit-chatting and forget the mission. 

"What should I do to shut you up? Drago shuts up when I tell him to, but you don't." complained the Eumythymn with a matching eye-roll.

"This is why I get so annoyed around you Phantom Assassin!" Kadaski started kicking the empty cans and garbages around the alley due to frustration. "You're a living puzzle!"

Albus Feles' eyes widened with the sudden display of childishness before her, there was an urge to silence him, along with the hint of seeing this unusual side of the Enchanted Elite more. Because it was true that she has only been seeing the talkative, hot-headed, and impulsive parts of this guy, so she wondered what other distasteful attitude he has in store. 

"They say best friends share every single thing. You didn't tell Drago Arcedes?" began Virdjana, "ohhh. I get it. This must be one of those I don't want to worry them so I won't share it. line of thinking."

A quiet flinch followed from the boy.

"An open book," Virdjana mutters in disappointment.

"Have you, or haven't you noticed? Are you really stupid Nueva? " whispers Virdjana, but enough for Kadaski to hear the riddle-like questions the Eumythymn spouted.

"I'm not stupid!" sneered Kadaski, obviously offended.

"Look here. I'm tired of being the middleman that gets to hear your little secrets from one another. Like I'd give an actual fuck?" a deep sigh escaped the Eumythymn's lips, fingers scrunching her forehead, "Drago doesn't want to worry you so he kept the curse a secret right? Because of that, both of you got into a fight. Now, you're the one keeping this nightmare-shit from him."

The Wind Enchant closed the gap between herself and Kadaski, and every single word she spouted equals a poke to the Fire Enchant's chest.

"Both. Of. You. Needs. To. Talk. For. Real." She pushes him this time, so the boy found himself backed into a wall. "How difficult would it be to share your true feelings with the people you trust and care about? How do you think he'd react if he knows you're hurting and pretending?"

Kadaski Nueva felt like his heart dropped as if gravity released everything before pulling it back in one slam. There was an intensity unfamiliar to him.

"What is this?" Kadaski thought out loud. 

As the silence grow louder, the young S-Class student found his hands clutching his left chest.

"Idiot." was Virdjana's final words before letting go of Nueva and walking out of the dark, and eerie alleyway.