Match Up

Third Person's POV

"Alright. Once I say the colors, move inside the red circle."

"Yes, sir." the class chorused.

"Red."

The color was picked by Jeffrey Lucia, a Speedster, and Ertune Merdenia, a Nature Enchant.

They are the first contenders for the activity which most of their classmates perceived as something uninteresting. Jeffrey himself sighed in disappointment since he was looking forward to fight Kadaski Nueva.

"What's with that face?" Ertune laughed cockily, "you're gonna get a permanent expression of disappointment after I beat you."

"Nothing." Jeffrey looked away, "This will be quick. No pun intended."

"You know the rules." said Professor Edric, blowing on the whistle to signal the beginning of the match.

Ertune wasted no time to grow giant Venus Flytraps around the circle, and because it was nature magic, the plants protruded through the floor leaving large cracks on it.

"Yikes..."the Speedster charges his mana onto his feet, a yellow glow enveloping the soles of his shoes, a smile forming on his lips.

"It's alright to surrender, lil Lucia." Ertune remarked while controlling the mouths of the carnivorous plants with his fingers like a puppeteer.

Ertune Merdenia wanted to exhaust Jeffrey Lucia, and taunting his classmate was just one of his petty tricks.

"You won't defeat me that easily." replied Jeffrey.

"I gave you a chance!" chuckled Ertune, his eyes sharpening, as he loses his laid-back character to focus on his opponent.

The Veniceum knew that he shouldn't underestimate the Speed Enchant. He wants to keep Lucia at a certain distant, because he had seen the boy's fighting style before.

Ertune was still processing what to do when he realized that Jeffrey was out of his sight. Sweating, he pulled the plants like a shield in all direction, or so he thought.

"Velocity Magic: Black Mamba!" Jeffrey enchanted, bolts of yellow light transferred from his foot to Ertune's unshielded shoulders, and a crack followed.

Lucia's expression was painted with boredom. He thought about how things would be more exciting if it was Kadaski Nueva, an Enchanted Elite, not Ertune.

"I won't lose to you." Ertune whispered.

Jeffrey's eyes widened when he felt something wrapping his foot.

"What? But I got a clean strike!" He gritted his teeth, but he was too slow to react, the irony was screaming.

"Uprooting!" Ertune enchanted, causing rubbles to scatter everywhere.

Jeffrey Lucia got tossed outside the ring.

"I know that it takes a lot of mana to charge a kick like that Jeffrey. You did toast my plant, nice try." smirked Ertune.

"A for Merdenia! C for Lucia! Next, Violet!"

Lizbeth Torres, a Gravity Enchant stepped forward, and from the last row, a particular Ice Enchant came to the front.

"Another Restovakian versus an Elemental fight huh?" Professor Edric motioned his students to enter the circle.

Genesis Bergius is a member of the Enchanted Elite like Kadaski Nueva and Dheeran Arcedes. He was the student that tested Virdjana's reflexes by missing his attack on purpose.

An Enchanted Elite, a 10 to 10,000 ratio of the strongest students within Arcacia Academy.

Lizbeth knew that it will not be an easy match. Puckering her lips, she took one glance to the gymnasium mirror, and checks if her hair looks great.