They needed to be careful about this.

That much was crystal clear.

< Later >

The plan was set. Down to the exact roles of everyone skilled with specific magic.

Amity volunteered.

Raine volunteered.

An Oracle Track student volunteered.

Three others without magic volunteered.

Luz couldn't. Not only was she still teaching newer students about glyphs, but, if she didn't stay, Azura could lose both of her parents.

That wasn't to say that she wouldn't step in if an emergency were to happen, however.

Of course, the six rebels needed a way to conceal their identities.

In fact, seeing as how this half of the Boiling Isles was a fully unified front, they might as well have a symbol as well.

A symbol would not only help them define their identity—rather than have Belos do it with his own narrative in mind. But if they left the symbol in places where only they were involved, it would become more tricky for Belos to blame unrelated events on them.

The symbol would have needed to be hard to replicate, with that in mind.

So they opted to use a specific purple colored fabric with the symbol being a patch on it.

If Belos and the other coven members were to try and replicate it, they would have tried to have the symbol printed on the fabric, which would look suspicious.

They additionally added a small detail that would easily be messed up if nobody was paying full attention.

Seeing as how the protest for Eda's petrification was the start of the rebellion, it only made sense to have the symbol owl-related.

So, the symbol was Owlbert, specifically in his palisman form with his eyes closed.

The rebels involved wore their own clothes—though they used clothes that had hoods on them to cover their hair.

And finally, masks were made to cover the faces.

They were a reddish brown color, matching the wood that made them, save for some silver accents to match their silver symbol.

The masks were additionally made in the shape of an owl's face.

They packed glyphs, hand-to-hand combat weapons if needed, food, water, and the newly made symbols. All packed into bags that each of them had.

With the assistance of various teachers, Skara had managed to get control back over her end of the barrier. And had equipped the rebels with a way to signal to the creatures inside that they shouldn't be attacked.

Amity hugged Luz right before she left. Leaning into a kiss as well.

Luz N.: Try not to get caught, okay?

Amity only nodded, kneeling down to hug Azura as well.

Amity N.: We should be back sometime in the afternoon, depending on how long it takes.

Azura almost refused to let go of Amity. She didn't understand exactly what was happening, but she could tell from everyone else's demeanor that something serious was going on.

Amity noticed. Planting a tentative kiss in the top of her daughter's head.

Amity N.: Everything will be okay, sweetie. I promise.