50 • Supportive

"I hate being this heavily pregnant," I sigh to my damp belly which sticks to Luca's shirt and is making me incompetent from even getting up off his bed.

I am so thankful I do not have a massive, beach ball-sized belly which is bigger than me. It's literally the size of like a football that just about fits into Luca's shirt.

"I thought you liked being pregnant," he responds, running a towel through his wet hair. His incredibly toned muscular body has droplets of water dripping down his chest towards his v-line where just a towel sits.

Again, I sigh in frustration, crossing my legs.

"It's a love-hate relationship," I try to explain, "I love the fact I'm carrying our baby but I hate the consequences that come with it."

"I have a love-hate relationship with your pregnancy too," he announces, disappearing into the bathroom with his boxers and black slacks in hand.

Doubt settles into my heart like poison injected into my veins. I play with the ends of my damp hair, nervously and when he comes back in, I stare up at him with sad eyes, "you don't want a kid with me?"

"Fuck, of course I do, Rosa. It's nothing like that," he frantically corrects himself and rushes to sit in front of me, grabbing my hands in his. Luca's eyes darken as they take in my body and his voice drops to a whisper, "there are just things I desire to do to you that I'm not able to."

I have to cross my legs tighter. Then, I shake him off me with all my horny thoughts too.

"Oh right, Brando told me to identify the guys who terrorised your club," I suddenly remember, "they're a small gang called the Black Eagles, American representatives for the Turkish Mafia. They did it because this girl they're looking for was there."

"Who's the girl?" He queries, finding his pressed shirt on the bed and putting it on.

"Alara Simsek," I answer and help him do his shirt buttons.

"Turkish? About 25?"

"Yep and yep. The Turkish Mafia killed her dad so she went on the run from them," I lay my hands on his hard chest and ask, curiously, "how do you know her?"

He's already mentioned before how he didn't have an interest in women before so I'm very curious about it. I guess him confirming that eases my concerns about him cheating on me. He would never do that. I know he will never.

"I used to do business with her father. She and Mancini also had a thing," he states nonchalantly and stands, helping me up.

"She's Brando's ex?!" I gasp.

"Not ex. They weren't in a relationship. In love with one another but kept it as friends. Then, she left to go back to Turkey a couple of years ago," he clarifies.

Could that be the reason why Brando was so closed off from women? Luca did mention that he wouldn't have lost his virginity if he wasn't overly drunk and it's possible that he only got with Julia to get over Alara.

This could be Blara's second chance!

He deserves it. He's been working so hard for Luca, keeping all his business affairs in check, that he hasn't had a chance to focus on his personal life.

"Why don't you help her then? It's the least you can do seeing as her dad is dead and she's in trouble," I suggest and he groans strolling over to the dresser.

"Luca," I stress the syllables of his name and follow after him, "the Turkish Mafia are scared of you. If they see her under your protection, they'll leave her alone."