30

It's the day of the dinner! I'm so nervous, I feel like I faint any minute. I wore a sparkly dress with my hair up in a ponytail.

Jake told me yesterday to wear nice clothes, because his parents wanted everything to be fancy. Which is weird, I never thought villains and fancy would ever be a combo.

I sat on the couch as I waited for my parents and Bradley to be done dressing up so we can all go. It was currently 5pm and we had to be there at 5:30.

We always liked being early to events so we would be leaving soon. I waited for what seemed like ages, I just stood still looking at the flowers my mom had bought for the Maddens.

Bradley was the next person who had finished getting ready, he sat next to me and huffed.

"Why did you have to have a boyfriend. Look at me, I look like a nut job." He says and I take a good look at him and I start laughing.

I had never seen Bradley in anything fancy in my life. He looked so out of place in his outfit. "You look so dapper." I say to him as I wave my hands from my chest to the open air and he crosses his arms at me and sticks his tongue out.

I copy him and soon enough 15 minutes go by and my parents are still not ready yet.

"MOM DAD! Are you guys ready or what?" Bradley and I ask in unison.

Causing us to not get a response from neither our mom or dad.

I was about to get up when I heard my moms voice, "just meet us there guys, your fathers stuck.." Bradley and I looked at eachother very confused, but shrugged it off.

"Okay guys were leaving now!" I shout to my parents and we both leave to go across the street. It wasn't like we had to park, we literally walked... took 2 seconds... I guess my parents just wanted to make a grand entrance.

"These shoes are killing me." Bradley says as he limps in his tight shoes that I told him not to wear because they were new.

"Bradley, shut up.. I literally told you not to wear them, plus we're already here okay. Calm down." I say to him annoyed and thump him on the head.

He tried to avoid the thump but I caught him off guard for sure. He grunts and I laugh in victory.

I sigh at the door and take a moment before I knock on the door. I look at the door once more and of course.. Bradley beats me to it.

I look at him annoyed and he looks at me and fake smiles at me. "What! You were taking your time. I'm hungry!" He says and I face palm.

Before I could say anything else the door opens and of course it's Jakes mom and dad.

They smile at us before they realize it's just us.

"Welco- oh, it's just you two. Where's your parents? We've been dying to meet them. Also Melody you really remind me of someone but I just can't put my finger on it.." Jakes mom says to me and Bradley and Jakes parents stare at me waiting for a reply.

Thankfully Amy saves me, and says "mom! Just let them in. You know Melody, there's always something familiar about her." Amy then grabs mine and my brothers hand and pulls us in.

I mouth to Amy a 'thank you' and she just nods her head at me.

Bradley takes a seat next to Colby, and I sit in the middle of Jake and Amy.

"Hartley is coming also, our excuse was that Hartley should be able to see your parents too." Jake says and I look at them funny. "And they bought that?" I ask them and they shrugged.

"Well, and didn't really let them say no, so.." Amy says and then the door bell rang again.

Everyone thought it would be my parents but of course it was just Hartley.