28

( This chapter is dedicated to mostly just Melodys family. )

"Guys, please don't embarrass me.. you're going to meet Jakes whole family in less then a week.." I say to my family desperately.

In reality I just hope they don't find out about eachother.

"We won't embarrass you sweetie. I just hope we don't accidentally blurt out his secret haha!" My mom says and laughs.

I nervously laugh louder then her by accident, and causes them to look at me confused, so I just shut up.

"Do you not trust us?" My brother asks me fake hurt. I roll my eyes at him, "no, especially not you." I say to him.

He rolls his eyes back at me and sticks his tongue out.

"Alright children, relax! Melody we will not embarrass you, or spill your boyfriends secret to his family. Even though we will be so excited still.." my dad says and Bradley laughs and I groan.

After that conversation, I went to sit on the couch and put on the news.

"And in other words, there seems to be a new hero in town. One with the name soar. One of Electric and Ivy's children, and the infamous Songs younger brother. Here is a anonymous clip sent out on YouTube during their training for the young hero. You love to see it guys, back to you Valley View crew." One of the reporters say and it goes back to the two main news crew members and they're smiling widely.

"Wow, just amazing. That we have superhero's in our small town. Truly thank you to that family for all that they do for our city. For free might I add." The anchorman says and I shake my head.

"Wow, they love me!" Bradley says excitedly as he sits down next to me.

I look at him and look back at the tv, "they're all talk Brad, they said the same stuff about me. Then you make 1 mistake and they label you for good.. hey! I know what about we do a little duo action? It will be so much fun!" I say to him and he looks at me and laughs.

"And ruin my good rep? Yeah right. Sorry sis, but you're on your own on this one. Plus I'm more of a solo guy myself." He says as he gets up from his seat and combs his hair with his fingers and gives the player face where he bites his lip.

I throw the pillow at him and he catches it with it fast reflex. "Not cool dude." He says as he throws it back at me.

"What you were just doing was not cool dude.." I reply back.

"Whatever, I'm going to my room now. Peace." And with that he uses his super speed to leave the living room and is in his room In less then a Mila second.

I look back at the tv and of course the superhero reality tv show is on. And to make things worse, it was the episode of Starling and that girl arguing about me.

I frustratedly sigh and turn off the tv, and just look at the black tv screen for a few minutes until my parents come out of the kitchen.

"What are you staring at honey, are you okay?" My mom asks me worried as she looks at the turned off tv and then back at me.

I shrug, "I hate reality tv shows." I say to her and cross my arms.

I then thought of shooting my shot about the families dinner meet up in the up coming days.

"So, Hypothetically thinking. Let's say my friend turns out to be one of the villains we are chasing after. AND IM NOT SAYING that I am friends with them. I'm just saying what if.." I say to them shyly.

They both look at me and then look at eachother and laugh.

"Oh sweetie, we don't care. We were asked by the hero league to do this mission. And you of all people know that we never fail our missions. The hero league already knows that it could take us years to figure out who did it." My dad says after he stopped laughing.

"But, what if they're trying to become better people? Hypothetically of course." I say nervously to them. I start fiddling with my hands and look down as I wait for a reply from them.

"Of course they'd try to be better people, they can't go destroying a whole city now can they? They're on the run, they're probably just pretending to be good to blend in. Hypothetically thinking of course." My dad answers making sure to say the 'hypothetically thinking of course' the same tone I used.

I sighed, "yeah, but... we're superhero's. I mean, aren't we supposed to give people second chances if they want to change?" I ask them hopeful.

They shake their head. "It doesn't matter if they changed or didn't change. It would be a different story if we lived here on our own terms. But we're not, we were sent here on a mission. And like I said before. We always finish our missions." My dad says back to me and I huff.

"But there's no need to be upset now is there Mel? You were just hypothetically speaking right? Because if you were friends with the villain and knew about them being a villain then you would be in very big trouble missy." My dad adds. My eyes go wide and I take a big gulp of my saliva.

"Of course, I was just wondering! I haven't found anyone yet! Nope! Not me! Anyways.. I'm just gonna go.." I say to them as I look at them and quickly go up to my room.

I shut my door and I sit on my bed sadly. I honestly had no choice.. if our parents found out about eachother then we're all toast.

My parents are never going to accept him or his family for who they really are.