6

——
Before the move to Valley View.

"Ugh, why did the catching up with the supers have to do us so dirty!" I yell out in frustration. My family nods while we watch the screen.

"Well, We all agreed to be on television, so we signed our right to them." My mom says bringing that to our attention. We all sighed.

"We're going to be the laughing stock of town now, we have to do something! You know what, I'm going to call the hero league." I say to them and they just look at me while I dial the hero league.

"Hello, is this the hero league? Hi, this is the electric family. We wanted to see if you could help us, maybe set us away from town on a mission or something." I asked the league. Surprisingly they helped us.

They told us that there was a threat in Texas, that some villains were on the run near Valley View. It was the perfect place to hide.

/////

( my own chapter, potential spoilers? I'm going bases off from the episode description. )

It's been a few weeks since I've talked to Jake at all. I haven't gotten the courage to message him or talk to him in person. Whenever he's near by I kind of just go the opposite way. Or when I'm over at Amy's house I avoid Jake at all costs.

I don't know why I do it, I guess I'm just nervous on what happens next. "Hey are you and Jake okay? It's like you've been avoiding him for the past few weeks... did something happen?" Amy asks slightly concerned but not really caring.

"Uh yeah, we're fine. I just... need some space. I guess." I say to her and she nods. "Has he asked about me?" I asked her and she nods her head.

"A lot actually, he asks me like every other day. I've never seen my brother like this for, well, anyone. It's weird. What did you do to him?" She asks me as she narrows her eyes at me. "Uh, nothing?" I say to her and she laughs.

"Im joking, I don't care." She continues to laugh. I just roll my eyes. Then finally Hartley comes up to us. "What is Amy laughing about?" She asks me.

"Jake." I say to her and she just nods her head pretending to understand the sibling pain.

/////

"Hey family what's up guys?" I ask my whole family happily. They all seemed very upset. "Our mission seems to be almost over, apparently Starling knows who the secret villains are." My dad says pretty upset.

My face goes from happy to panicked. "W-what? No, that's not possible. How?" I asked them and they just shrug. "We're having a meeting tonight about it, so we'll find out soon enough. We better start packing our bags soon."my mom says to us. Even Bradley seemed upset by the news.

////

We stood in our costumes, while at the meeting. She pretty much rallied the whole superhero league for this. This better be good. I think to myself.

"Hello, and welcome everyone. I would like to apologize to everyone for coming here. I came with good news, but it's only bad now. I didn't find the villains. When I went to investigate further, I was unable to find true evidence. It was just a very normal family living their human lives. I'm so sorry again for wasting everyone's time. Thank you for coming." Starling spoke, she seemed like she was lying. I knew that girl like the back of my hand. I could tell when something was off.

I watched as my families eyes went from sad to happy in a matter of minutes. This had meant that our mission was still on. But I wasn't buying it from starling.

I walked up to her as song, and she smiles sweetly at me. "You're hiding something aren't you, and don't you lie to me Starling, I know you so well." I say to her, and she looks around paranoid and sighs.

"I can not tell you anything. All I can say is that I was wrong. I'm sorry for wasting ur families time." She says to me quickly and with that she left. I wasn't able to say anything to her after that. She wouldn't listen to me anyways. She's so stubborn.

//////

"I am so glad that we were able to keep our mission." My brother says to us, and we all agreed. We celebrated us staying another day in Valley View, but my parents got more strict with the mission now.

"Hey Mel, I need to talk to you really quick." My dad says to me and I nod my head. "Sure dad what's up?" I asked him as we go to the kitchen.

"I wanted you to have this." He says as he pulls out his cloak I got back for him. I looked at him in shock with the fact he's giving this to me. "W-what? Why? This is your cloak dad why would you... I mean THANK You!!" I say to him and hug him. He smiles and embraces the hug. "I have No more use for this cloak, and I thought why not pass it down to one of my children." He says and kisses the top of my head. I smile at him and he lets go of me.

//

I got upstairs to my room, and I heard pebbles thrown at my window, just like weeks before. I knew exactly who this was. It was Jake, of course. I melt at the thought of Jake doing this for me again. But then I remember my parents new rules for us to follow.

"Jake, you can't be here... my parents will kill you." I say to him and he does something he didn't do last time. He climbs up the tree that is next to my window and brings himself to my opened window and comes in. "I can't believe you're in here." I say to him and he smiles, but soon I see pain in his eyes.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asks curiously and I look anywhere but at him. "I-I-I don't know.." I say to him in a whisper.

He makes me look at him and I start to blush bright red. "Don't do that anymore okay? I like you Melody. It hurts me everytime you turn away from me, or ignore me." I could hear the hurt in his voice as he said that to me. I just nodded my head lost of words.

"Y-you should go." I say to him whispering as I ease dropped my parents wanting to come up to my room. They must of heard him coming up. He did make a loud noise.

Right before he was going to ask why, you could hear the footsteps of my parents. Confused at first on how I knew they were coming, he let it go and quickly went down the window and back home safely.