27

( Week before parents meeting )

Both Jakes and my parents are so excited to meet next week. I just hope it doesn't go as badly as I think it will.

The worst possible scenario is literally the fact that I could lose Jake completely. I don't want to lose him, he means so much to me. But knowing my parents and Jakes family.. I might have to say my goodbyes now.

Especially since we have no idea if Amy has said anything about my family and I yet.

Starling was right honestly, I shouldn't of ever got involved with a villain. She was right from the start.

//////

"Do you think your parents are going to find out about my parents? I mean, we don't look too far off from our costumes.." I say to Jake very worried while pacing back and forth in his room.

He grabs my shoulders to stop me from pacing and makes me look into his eyes. "Don't worry my love, everything will be fine. My parents are clueless sometimes." He says trying to reassure me. I nod my head sadly and sigh.

"I, i just don't want to lose you. I know my parents, and I know that they will most definitely report your family. I mean I could always ask them, but I'm like 90% sure they would turn you in even if we were close." I say to him sadly while bringing him in for a long hug and a tear fell from my cheek to wet his shirt.

He pats my back, and pulls away. "Why don't we get Ice cream? I know you love it!" He says as he grabs my hand and opens his door with his other hand.

My face lightens for a second and I follow him out his room and downstairs.

"Hartley, what are you doing here? How did you get in?.." Jake asks Hartley startled and confused.

"Your mom let me in, I'm still trying to get Amy to forgive me." She says sadly, "any ideas?" She adds. Jake shrugs and Hartley looks down for a second disappointed.

"You could... bake her some sweets?" I say to her honestly. Her face brightens up as she looks at me and smiles. "That is an amazing idea Mel! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She jumps to hug me and I giggle and hug her back.

We all leave the house together but go separate ways.

Jake and I walk hand in hand, "I know this is random, but I had to ask. Have you ever erased an emotional memory from someone before?" Jake asks me as we swing our held hands together.

I sigh, and nod my head. We continue to walk when I finally opened up about it.

"Well, yes. I have, when I found out that I could erase memories, I was about 12. So I used to use it a lot when I was younger. I thought it was so cool, and I had this best friend. She was a norm. One of the only norms in our neighborhood. I grew up in a superhero city, so there were like barely any normal people. But anyways, one day. My best friend found out about our identities. And I was 12, and my parents freshly drilled into my head that I should never ever tell anyone about our identities. So without thinking I erased her memory, and when I did so, she completely forgot who I was. All I was to her was deja vu. It was honestly one of the worst days of my life. Because after that we ended up moving to centeropolis." I could just see the whole tragic event happening in my head.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm sorry also for trying to pressure you to erase her memory too. I didn't know." He says but I cut him off. "It's okay Jake, how could you have known?" I say honestly to him.

The rest of the walk is silent, but a comfortable silence. Hearing the howling wind as we walked. It almost sent chills down my spine, that's how cold it was.

Jake could tell I was basically shivering, so he took off his jacket and put it on me, he then pulls me into him so we're now very close to eachother almost at the ice cream shop.

"I love you." We both say at the same time as we just look at eachother.

We finally get to the ice cream shop, and he opens the door for me. "After you malady."

I fake curtsy at him and we both giggle. I kinda felt awkward though because the ice cream shop has a bell for whenever someone is coming in or leaving so the employees were all staring at us as that happened.

"What can I get you?" The employee asks, I go first because Jake insisted. "I'll get a rocky road, medium size cup please." I say and Jake says, "and I'll take a vanilla bean cone." I look at him and shake my head.

He looks at me and smiles and says "what! Don't judge I'm a plan type of guy." I laugh at what he said and playfully shove him and roll my eyes.

The employees then give us our ice cream and we sit down outside in front of the shop.

It was about 6pm, the sun was almost down, and this felt nice. Being with Jake eating ice cream. It almost made me forget about the fact that our parents are meeting next week.

"Are you sure that your parents or mine aren't going to find out.." I say to him nervously.

"Find out about what?" Jakes dad asks out of nowhere, this causes us both to jump and Jake spits his villain bean at me by accident.

I quickly wipe my face, and we both start fake laughing. "Find out about... um.. uh... our first kiss together!" I say to him trying to save us.

Jake and his dad both give me a weird look, and I quickly look away. "Uh huh, well.. anyways! I'm so excited to finally meet your family Melody! We're going to prepare some good food." He says and I smile at him. "Yup! Can't wait." I say to him and scratch the back of my neck.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Jake finally speaks up, and his dad says "oh yeah! It's for Colby. We think that ice cream will bring him back." He says, and I look at them confused.

"What do you mean, bring him back?" I ask, and his dads eyes go wide. "Uh, go back to sleep! He hasn't been able to sleep good recently." I just nod my head at him and let him go inside the shop.

I take this time to quickly grab Jake and walk away so we don't have to talk to his dad again.