5

"I can't believe that Starling is going to be at colossacon!" Hartley says to all of us.

I hadn't been to colossacon since the first one a few years ago. Starling and I were the headliners, and that's when her whole personality changed for good.

"Who would go to colossacon, only a bunch of losers." Amy says just shrugging off the thought. "I went 5 years in a row.... Come on Melody you like superhero's! Why aren't you excited?" She asks me.

"Um, those sort of things are kind of pointless. It's just another publicity stunt for desperate superhero's." I say to her and sit down next to Amy.

"Why do you hate Starling so much?" I asked Amy. She just looked at me and Jake spoke for her. "She's just lets just say, never floored with Amy the right way." He says while laughing. Amy glared hard at him.

"Havoc is my favorite, you know that. So that's why I don't like starling. Same with Song, all supers are just so lame. I like the villains more. I feel like I can relate to them better." She says to me, and I shrug. "Fair enough." I didn't think much of it.

////

I felt my phone buzz and it was a text from Jake.

Jake: I really want to go to Colossacon, and I don't want to go alone. Will you go with me?

Melody: are you asking me on a date?

Jake: what? No! I just don't want to go alone. Haha

That answer made me sad. I left him on delivered for a few minutes.

Jake: sorry if that was mean, it can be if you want!

Melody: I'd like that, I'll see you in 20?

Jake: sounds like a plan, thank you so much.

Melody: anytime :)

///

"Captain Valor? Really?" I asked him and he pretends to look offended. "I love him..." he says unsure of himself but I let him go easy. "Wow your costume really looks like Songs. You even have her highlights down and everything." He says in amazement. "You know, I don't think Amy would be too proud of you for wearing that." He adds, and I giggle. "Good thing she's not here then." I say to her and smile back at him.

We continued to walk around and I got flash backs to the last time I was at this convention. It all looked the same as how I remembered it.

—————-
Flash back

Starling and Song both entered together. Taking pictures with fans and talking like the two best friends they were.

They both laughed and talked to fans together.

Until..

A fan tried taking off Songs mask. It humiliated Song but Starling just laughed with everyone else. Songs identity wasn't revealed but the fact her friend didn't help her or tell the fan off showed her that they weren't true friends like she thought they were.

End flash back
————-

"This place looks the same." I say to him and he smiles at me. "Of course you've been here before." I smile back and nod.

We walked around at the same pace and close together. He grabbed my hand and I looked down at our hands holding each other's. I blushed a light pink. Our hands only lasted a few seconds before he let go and kind of fanboyed over starling a little. I felt my heart break a little.

He never looked at me the way he was looking at starling. I began to feel sad, but his voice moved me back to reality. "I really need a picture with Starling. Will you stand with me?" He asks me giving puppy dog eyes. I playfully roll my eyes trying to mask my sadness. I nodded.

We stood in line for a few minutes but then we were interrupted by Amy. "Wow you hypocrite. I thought you weren't going." Amy asks her brother not even looking at me. "Why are you in line for starling?" She asks him.

"Well, if you must know..." he says but I jump in, "I forced him to go, and I really wanted to meet starling but I was too shy to go alone." I say to her finishing the sentence for Jake.

She still looks at us with disappointment but let's us go. "Yeah okay, it's your turn then. Song.." she says to me and my heart sinks even further than it already was. But then I remembered that I was wearing a costume at a convention.

"Yeah.. right." I say and I go up on stage with Starling. "Oh my goodness hey! You look just like my best fri-" I cut her off before she finished. "Ex best friend.." I say to her and she nods her head and still smiles. "Right.. Ex best friend." She says.

"Well should we smile then?" She asks me and I nod my head sadly. We smile in the picture and I go off stage but before I go back to Jake she calls out for me. "Hey wait... nice costume." She says and smiles. I give her a small smile and turn back to see Jake but he's not there.

I began to text Jake and he texts me back saying that he wants me to get him something to drink. Slightly annoyed, I get him a drink anyways.

By the time I come back, I can see him in the distance talking to Starling. Jealousy forms me and I decided to ease drop into his conversation.

I could clearly hear him being very nervous with Starling. He seemed starstruck and very into her.
It hurt me a lot inside seeing how nervous she made him.

Starling always got the guys I liked, it was another thing I secretly didn't like about her. Out of jealousy I stopped listening and I threw away Jakes drink and stormed back home.

I was extremely jealous and sad that I didn't make Jake feel the same way that starling made him feel. I was so sad.

/////

When I got home my phone was flooded with texts from Jake and only one from Amy saying "text Jake back. Or don't, dont care." Which was very like her.

Jake: Melody, where are you?

Jake: are you okay?

Jake: I was really looking forward to that drink..

Jake: text me back please

Jake: are you safe?

Jake: text me when you can.

Jake: I hope you're okay :(

Jake: I'm at your window.

After that last text I heard pebbles at my door. In pure shock I opened the door and sure enough he was there.

"What are you doing here!" I whisper shout to him. "I wanted to make sure you were okay. You just left!" He says and I shake my head.

"I don't wanna talk to you." I say to him and fold my arms. "What did I do?" He asks.

"It doesn't matter, leave before my parents find you." I say to him but he shakes his head at me.

"Not before you tell me what happened." He says being very stubborn. I sigh.

"I got jealous okay." I say to him and he looks at me shocked. "Jealous of what?" He asks and I shrug. "Did you get jealous of starling? But why?"  He asks, and I take a deep breath. "Well, I saw how nervous she made you and I got jealous of that, because I... I like you..." I say to him and he smiles. "I like you too." I smile at him and he then finally walks off back to his house across the street.

I fall asleep peacefully but not before him texting me goodnight.