3

"Wow that was easier than I thought." My dad says as we finally shoo away the head of the neighborhood family man. "Yeah he was nice and all but, very hard to please." My brother adds. We all nod our heads. "Who knew trying to act normal was so hard." I say to them. We all sit on the couch and watch catching up with the supers.

Our family only got one episode on that show. The producers thought our family was too boring for entertainment. None of us wanted to pretend to be something we weren't. Bradley was the only one who was willing to become "hollywooded" or however you say it.

"I just wish our family was as normal as the Maddens." I said to my family, and they nodded their heads in agreement. "I'm surprised we haven't brought this up in a while but... am I the only one who misses being a super?" My brother asks us. "Of course we miss being a super Bradley. We just haven't found much activity lately in this town." My dad answers my brother.

"Plus you know we're on a mission. The hero league suspects some run away villains near or in this town. So we are on the look out. They can't know that hero's are here." My mom adds to my dads answer.

He nods his head sadly. "Or! Maybe the villains are just waiting for a super in town to finally make their move." Bradley made a good point.

"We will think about it Bradley, just keep your head high bud. You too Mel, keep your head high." My dad says to the both of us.

"I'm going to Amy's house, I have a project with her." I say to my parents as I get up to go.

"Okay honey, be safe." They both say. "Guys, it's across the street. I'll be fine." I say to them and they just shake their heads at me but I already left.

I walked across the street and knocked on their door. Hartley answered and I heard feet quickly moving away from the door and a door opening and closing. "Oh hey Hartley. Have you seen Amy?" I asked her. "Uh, nope sorry! Not here." She says as she tries to open the door. She seemed to be panicked. "Um, are you sure? I thought this was her house." I say to her and she says something before quickly shutting the door in my face. "I don't know, check snap maps or something bye!" She says.

I turned away from the door and opened snap maps. She seemed to be at school for some reason. But on a Saturday? Weird.

///

I heard a loud boom sound and I finally found Amy. "There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere!" I say to her, I noticed some lockers opened but thought not much of it. That Amy was always up to no good.

"We have a project to do Amy, did you forget? I'm not doing all the work like last time." I say to her. "Uh hey! Melody! How did you know where I was?" She asked me shocked that I was here. "You have your location on Snapchat." I answer to her.

"H-hey Melody." Jake says to me kind of stuttering. I blush at the thought of Jake stuttering because of me🌞. There's no way he likes me I think to myself. "Hey J-Jake." I say trying to act cool. He kindly smiles back at me.

"Uh, hello?? Am I invisible or something? Who is this chick anyways?" A little boy says as I turn around. I kindly wave at him. "Oh uh, this is Melody, Melody meet our little brother Colby." Jake says and Amy just continues to stare at me.

Amy grabs me after what felt like years of staring at me in shock. "I'm just gonna pretend that awkward hello to my brother never happened. Listen now is not a good time, I'll text you like later or something." Amy says to me trying to push me out of the school. "How did you even get in? Isn't this like breaking and entering?" I asked her. "SEE!" Jake yells out, Amy glares at him. "More of just entering..." she says.

"Fine I'll go. You better text me later today. Or else, I will be calling you later either way. Maybe I won't even put ur name on the paper." I say to her thinking I had the upper hand by saying that.

She laughs and shoos me away.

///

I got a text earlier but not from Amy like she promised, but a surprise text from Jake.

Jake: I'm sorry about my sister earlier. If it's not too late, we can be partners for the project. I can come over tonight if you're not busy.

Melody: Don't worry about it! I'd love for you to come over, but I'm not allowed to have guests over. My parents are strict. But I could come over your house! I don't think it's too late to change partners.

Jake: yeah! That sounds good. Come by in 10?

Melody: you got it!

////

I knocked on the door and Colby answers the door. "Hey Colby! I'm here for Jake." I say to him. He smirks at me. "JAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS HERE." He screams in my face. I immediately start blushing and look away.

I hear footsteps not long after. "Hey Melody, come on up." He says as he leads me to his room. His whole family staring at me, minus Amy. She was watching TV.

All I could think about though is the fact he never corrected his brother. I blushed at the thought.