22

I'm honestly so glad I didn't tell Jake my secret. I mean he hasn't even told me about his "bad" side. This guy could be crazy for all I know!

I lose my train of thought by a knock on my door. "Mel, sweetie, can I come in?" I hear my mom ask, and I quickly move over so I'm facing the door. "Come in." I say, and I see the door open.

"Hey sweetie, are you doing okay? I know we haven't been giving you much attention.." my mom says to me with guilt in her voice I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm okay. I understand. Been there done that. I just hope Bradley doesn't mess up like I did." I say sadly.

"Hey, it's not your fault honey, you were just eager to become a solo hero like how your father was when he was your age. You know that your dad used to be a villain when he first got his powers right?" My mom says to me which makes my eyes brighten up and I look at her.

"No way really?" I say to her surprised and intrigued. "Yeah! When we both got our powers your dad went total M.I.A for months until I found him doing bad things with the wrong people. He was just trying to track down the guy who did this to us. That man was a bad man though Melody." My mom says as she gets serious on the last sentence.

I nod my head, but I giggle at the fact that my dad was a villain at one point.

Before I could say anything I get a buzz from my phone. It was Jake, my mom sees the text and looks at me with a smile.

"Is that Jake? Your boyfriend?" She asks me while wiggling her eyebrows and I lightly shove her. "Oh my baby is growing up." She says as she brings me in for a death hug.

"Mom your squeezing me so tightly I can feel rose thorns coming from you." I say to her and she quickly lets go of me and the rose thorns disappear.

"You haven't told Jake about us... supers.. right?" She asks me as she whispers supers. I immediately go red and I say "what makes you think I'd tell him. I'd never spill our biggest secret ever!" I say to my mom and she squints her eyes at me and nods her head slowly.

"Whatever you say honey, well, we have more training to do for Bradley. He's worse then you were at his age. We might even need a tutor..." my mom says to me ask she gets up and kisses me on the forehead.

I look at her and look at the new buzz from Jake. "As much as I'd love to help you guys keep up with Bradley, I'm hanging out with Jake." I say to her and I get up as well. She nods her head and opens my door for the both of us.

But before we get out my room she says "make sure you use protection." I look at her with wide eyes. "WE ARENT even dating! Why does everyone think we're going to do it?" I asked a rhetorical question. She looks at me, "who else thinks your going to do it?" She asks me very concerned.

"Uh, no one, I'm gonna go. Bye" I say to her and quickly scoot past her and down the stairs and say hi and bye to my dad and brother then leave the house to the Maddens.

I knock on their door and to my surprise Amy answers it.

"Oh hey Melody, how was your date with my... br- bro- brother." She says as she cringed. I roll my eyes at her, "where were you yesterday?" I ask her and I see Hartley appear in the background coming towards us.

"We were helping my mom find a job, has your mom gotten a job yet?" Amy asks me curiously. I kind of freeze up a little because in all honesty my parents don't work. They get paid by the hero league.

"Uh, um..." I say as Hartley and Amy both look at me and thankfully I see Jake come downstairs.

"Jake!" I say as I push past Hartley and Amy avoiding the question.

"Let's go!" I say to Jake and I drag him upstairs to the hallway.

"Woah, someone's happy to see me." Jake says to me and smiles his award winning smile. I blush at him and I grab his hand.

"You know, that other Jake you were talking about. Wouldn't even hold my hand. He was too busy telling me how pretty I was to even have a conversation. It was weird..." I say to him and he nervously laughs.

"Yeah, haha. I don't really remember what that side of me says. I'm sorry. Hey, listen. I've never let a girl go in my room before. I want you to be the first, AND ONLY." Jake says as he quickly says the last part. I giggle, and remember his rule.

"But we're not dating.." I say to him shyly, and he looks down for a second, and then looks back up to me when a happy face. Look, Melody. I know you said that you weren't ready to give me another chance yet and you needed space. But I'm so crazy about you. I think about you all the time, and I know you think about me too. I mean even the other side of me likes you. I guess what I'm trying to say is will you be my girlfriend?" He goes on and on about his emotions for me and I couldn't help but to melt inside.

He seemed so genuine and vulnerable. After he was done rambling I got closer to him our bodies just inches apart. I could feel his breath on me. I smiled sweetly at him with a single tear of joy falling from my cheek.

Before I could reply, Jake grabs my waist with one hand and cups my cheek with the other and pulls me even closer to him. He's looking me in the eyes, and I felt so many butterflies erupting in my stomach. I forgot how to breathe for a split second.

I broke eye contact from the tension between us. I really wanted to kiss him then and there. He licks his lips then makes me look at him then I look at his lips. Before I could even react. His lips go on mine for the first time.

I felt fireworks in my head, I could feel all the tension from my body relax as we kept kissing. It felt like we were the only two people in the world. My whole world was spinning.

I felt like I was finally in superhero heaven. Jake pulls away and I'm immediately sad, I have a visible frown on my face. He rests his  forehead on mine and smiles at me.

He opens his bedroom door, and I'm finally able to go inside.

I look around his room in awe, his room looks so cute, it's filled with superhero and villain posters. As well as the usual teenage male items. Like a Xbox and computer.

I sit on his bed after I examine the whole room. He sits next to me and puts his arm around me happy. I look at him and smile then I put my head on his shoulder.

"That was our first kiss." I say to him and he nods his head and kisses the top of my head. "The first of many. Mel, I want to promise you that I will never hurt you again. Lily was the biggest mistake of my life. But honestly, hurting you was an even bigger mistake. I want to promise that I'll always protect you. I don't want anything to ever happen to you. I'll protect you over my life." He says and I think to myself I'm the one who would protect you over my life.

I'm so glade we're dating now, but I have to say. Prepare for my family, because the moment they find out I have a boyfriend... They're gonna want to meet you." I say to him and my eyes go wide at that fact.

I can trust Jake, he will be the first guy that my family meets. Forget guy, he's the first PERSON! to meet my family.

"When the day comes, I'll be on my best behavior." He says to me as he kisses my hand and smiles.

I smile at his reassurance and I kiss him.

( YALL TELL ME DO U LIKE THE ROMANCE BETWEEN JAKE AND MELODY?? HEHEHE )