23

Jake and I have been dating for about a month now, and my parents are starting to get suspicious of us....

"I'm going out, don't wait up." I say to my parents, and just as I get to the door Bradley speeds over to the door. I take a step back and I have a look of defeat on my face.

"You're not going to see Jake again are you?" My dad asks me, as I turn around he looks very stern.

"Busted." My brother says to me and I look at him and stick my tongue out at him.

"You're not dating this boy, are you Mel? Because you would tell us if you were right?" My mom asks concerned.

"Yeah, of course, we're just... best friends." I lie to them and they look at me trying to study my features. I give them a sheepish smile and then as they nod their heads I quickly bolt to the door.

"Not so fast, we want to meet this boy. I need to see if he's worth to date my daughter." My dad says and I roll my eyes.

"Dad, please...." I say to him and he keeps the same face.

"Ugh, fine. I'll see what I can do." I say to him, and he shakes his head. "No, I want to meet him after he drops you off back home. 9pm sharp." He says with a very stern face. I nod my head.

Bradley opens the door for me and I glare at him as I walk out. "Blah." I say to my brother and he says the same thing back and slams the door behind me.

//////

Jake and I were going on a real date this time. It was a date at the movies, minus Celia and Robert this time.

We decided to see a horror movie, who knew that a bad boy like Jake would be so afraid of jump scares.

He tried playing the scares off but I could tell they were getting to him. Okay, maybe he wasn't scared of the jump scares. Maybe I was having a little too much fun with the 3D for him.

I was making the 3D movie seem a little too 3D for him, and I was making him see the creatures really pop out of the movie screen. It was just so funny to hear him ask me if I was seeing what he sees and acting clueless to what he's talking about.

Once the movie was getting towards the end I decided to stop messing with him and I made the movie normal for him. He did the classic yawn and stretched his arm around me.

I giggled and we both look at eachother. "You know, for a retired player... you sure do make some lame moves." I say to him and take his arm off of me and laugh.

He pretends to look offended but that ended by someone from in front of us shushing us, which caused us to shush them back.

The movie finally ended and I grabbed Jakes hand. It was 8pm, and I knew I had to tell Jake about my parents finally.

"Jake, my parents want to meet you in an hour.." I say to him and his eyes go wide. "WHAT? TODAY? WHY? I mean I told you, I wanted to see them, but I'm not ready! Look at me! I'm a mess. I'm all greasy from the popcorn you spilt on me." He says and I look at him and roll my eyes.

"Jake, you did that to yourself, you got scared remember." I say to him and laugh. "Hey! In my defense, that movie looked so realistic, at one point I swear one looked me in the eyes and was coming at me!" He says and I laugh and say "whatever! Come on, you have time to change. I live across the street remember?" I asked him and he sighs "oh yeah.."

We quickly get our bikes and go to his house. We decided to bike this time, because we thought it was more romantic that way.

As we were biking the breeze felt nice. My hair wasn't quite going in the direction I wanted it to go, but it still felt nice. Texas got really hot even during the fall, winter and spring time.