Chapter 5: Lost In You

Start from the beginning

I titled my head a bit in confusion and looked at Charles who looked confident "but I only know how to restore plant life Professor" I stated, Charles smirked and looked at me "that's just the beginning of your abilities my dear. There is so much more to you than restoring plant life. Just think and concentrate. Reach into the ground and feel the very earth and roots of your powers and feel the very power surge through you" Charles cooed.

I nodded as I took a few deep breaths and shook a bit getting all loose so I'm not so tense and anxious. I reached into the ground and took a deep breath trying to concentrate my abilities into something more. I felt the rumbling of the earth beneath me which made my head pound a bit. I took a few deep breaths and brought my powers up and shot them towards the targets.

Turns out roots from the trees shot out from the ground and made its way over to the target and vined whipped it down. My eyes widen at the sudden move I did "Woah" I said, Charles clapped and chuckled "See with enough concentration, hard work and faith...you can do so much more than bring plants back to life" He said softly, I smiled and nodded "What else can I do?" I asked excitedly, Charles chuckled "Whatever you put your mind to. Get back into those books, train and you'll find out" he said,

I smiled and nodded "good work today Faith" He said and strolled away, "Thank you professor" I said as I grabbed my books from my bag and sat on the ground and began reading to see what else I'm able to do "Hey" I heard Peter say. I looked at him and smiled "oh hey" I said softly as I went back to my studying.

Peter sat by me which made my face flush a bit "what are you doing?" Peter asked, "Studying" I said, Peter scrunched up his face a bit "ew, why?" He asked, I smiled and rolled my eyes a bit "I want to know more about my powers. All my life I've only been able to bring dead plants back to life. While working with Charles, I brought roots from the ground and vine whipped a target down" I said with fascination.

Peter smiled which made my heart pound a bit...I liked his smile; he was so cute...what? "hmm. Well that's cool" he said and shrugged a bit. I smiled and nodded "well when will you be done?" He asked, I thought for a moment "Well I thought we could train?" I asked, Peter shrugged "Sure" he said,

I smiled as I looked thru my notes and try to see what else I can do "Okay so it says I can create, shape and manipulate , including woods, vines, plants, moss, and parts of the plants, such as leaves, seeds, roots, fruits and flowers. I should be able to cause plants to grow, move, attack or even rise from the soil and "walk", mutate plants by rearranging DNA structure and revive withered or dead plants'.

'I can use my power for defense and support, cause flowers and other plants to bloom instantaneously, manipulate tree branches to use them as whip-like weapons, control spores and pollen, and bring plants back to life and make them sprout seeds, fruits, berries, use plant chemicals to heal people, objects or manipulate their properties for a wide range of effects" I read through my notes.

Peter's eyes widen "wow and you've only been able to just revive plants?" Peter asked, I nodded "I haven't really tried to do anything else and me and Charles haven't gotten this far in our lessons to do so until today" I said with a shrug.

Peter nodded as I stood up and took a few deep breaths "let's do this" I whispered, Peter stood up and looked at me "What are you gonna do first?" He asked, I thought for a moment, "Um how about I just see if I can create plant life...surely I can if I can revive them right?" I wondered,

Peter shrugged "worth a shot" he said, I nodded as I took a few deep breaths and focused on creating a simple plant. I left one hand open and focused my power on creating plant life in the palm of my hand. I took a deep breath and saw energy forming around my hand. My eyes turned green as I saw a small sprout come out from my hand as if plants were growing in me.