Fight

I took a step back, mostly out of shock. Silver stepped between us and Weller stopped. He pointed his sword at Weller.

"You will not step any closer."

I saw the sad look on Weller's face as Silver pulled me behind him. This was for the best. If Weller and Lorne were going to belong to Serena again, then I would have to learn to get over it. Besides, Weller loved Serena. It would be hard for him to protect me and protect her when our interests were completely different.

I had convinced myself that Lorne and Weller were better fighters than all of my jor combined if they ever decided to get serious. To be fair, I'd never really seen them all fight. Serena didn't seem to mind that they weren't fighting at their full potential even though she obviously wanted me dead. What was I going to do? I looked into Weller's light and loving eyes before burying my face in Silver's back.

Raven stood behind me with Aaron and Quinton.

"Cricket, come here." Her voice was scared and quiet.

I ignored her wanting to stay but Silver reached back and pushed me towards Raven.

"Silver," I said.

"I will not let him harm you."

"I may have to kill you," Weller said softly.

"I will gladly die to protect the woman I love."

I felt Quinton's sudden change of emotions. He wanted to say that. He grabbed Raven's sword from the sheath and joined Silver.

"We might not be able to defeat you alone," said Quinton "but surely we can beat you if we stand together fighting for our love."

"Stand down, Prince," said Silver. "You will only be a hindrance."

"I will protect her, Jor," Quinton replied. "With or without your help."

Weller's eyes didn't change. "If it is your wish."

They started fighting. I wasn't sure if both of them together were enough to hold Weller off for very long. He was too skilled. Silver was right about Quinton being a hindrance. At least Quinton served as a way of splitting Weller's attention.

I looked around me. Aaron and Raven were at my side to protect me. Dad and Deshawn were still facing off against Lorne and now Quinton and Silver were fighting Weller. My side had the upper hand for the moment, but they were unwilling to make the kill because they knew it would upset me. Deshawn was right. I wasn't going to make things easy for them.

I wanted everyone to live. I wanted everything to go back to the way it was. I wanted everyone to be happy, including Serena. I didn't know how I was going to do it, but I made up my mind that nothing was going to stop me from my goal. I wanted everything to be perfect for everyone involved.

I felt my body get warm. It was like being wrapped in a blanket of love. I could feel the power pulsating all around me. I wasn't afraid anymore. No one was going to stop me from defeating her.

I reached into my pathways and found my jor. I connected their energy with Dad's and to the royal link I had with Quinton with a gold thread. I found the darkened pathway to Lorne and pushed through. It was super easy this time since I knew what I was looking for. I went straight to Lorne's heart chakra and removed the black veil. He fell to the ground and their little battle ceased. I wrapped everyone's heart chakra in a white veil of my own.

"No!" Serena screamed.

Finally, I found Weller's. His was harder to find and he was much more reluctant to let her go. I searched through him to his heart chakra, but there wasn't a black veil. It was still pure. I pulled away and looked at him. He had stopped fighting with Quinton and Silver, but the saddened look remained on his face.