A New Destiny

I woke up in a plush bed in Lorne's home. Silver was at my side watching me intently. He smiled when I opened my eyes, but all I could do was cry. The soul-crushing heartbreak from the separation was more than I could bear. I turned on my side and pulled over the blankets.

"You should eat something, Cricket," he said.

"Please leave me alone, Silver. I don't want anything."

I heard him sigh. "It is not good for you to be so sad."

"It's not good for me to be without Weller, but you and your brother and Lorne decided to take him from me anyway. I told him I wouldn't do this without him and I meant it. I can't even feel him anymore!" I couldn't stop crying. "I can't even feel him anymore."

"And you will not." I heard Aaron's harsh voice and pulled the covers back. He looked angry. "At least not until all this is over. Then you can see him all you want to." It hurt him to say that to me. "So cheer up, because seeing you this way is hurting my little brother."

"Where's Lorne?"

They were silent.

"I asked you a question." I looked at Silver.

"He does not wish to see you, My Lady."

"Why?"

"He upset you and banished a dear friend all in the same day."

"So he's punishing himself?" It was more of a statement than a question. "Ugh, I'm so sick of all this jor shit! I have feelings and guess what? They're going to get hurt once in a while because men are so fucking stupid!"

Dad would be so upset with me for cursing. I jumped out of bed. The tears were still streaming down my face, but I was furious. I began to storm out of the room when Aaron stopped me.

"Cricket, please," Aaron said.

I snapped my head around and gave them both a glare. Aaron dropped to his knees.

"Lady Priestess," said Aaron. "Please, do not bother Jor Wynewood at this moment."

I looked for him with my mindsight. It was a lot easier to use when I was mad. I felt him with his wife and immediately pulled back before I saw something intimate.

"He isn't punishing himself after all, is he?"

"She is merely comforting her husband," said Silver "as wives do."

"Are you freaking kidding me! So he's allowed to do whatever he wants but I can't?" The thought of it made me even angrier if that was possible. Silver fell to the ground. "I can't believe this! It's such bull! I never asked to be your priestess! I never asked for any of this!"

There was so much rage inside of me. I heard Silver whimper and Aaron fall. I wanted to throw something. I wanted to hit something. I wanted to destroy anything, everything.

"Priestess, please," said Silver.

I didn't understand why they were calling me "priestess" again.

"Shut up!" I said.

I grabbed my head and heard Lorne scream out.

"Great! Well, I'm glad he had a good time."

The ground started to tremble. Silver and Aaron were writhing on the ground.

"What's the matter with you two?"

Quinton barged in. "Cricket, what are you doing?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You are killing them!"

"What?" I looked at them more closely. They were in pain. "What have I done?" I searched through my mind sight. The pathways were red and constricted compared to the blue openness I had gotten used to. I began to hyperventilate.