Learning Control

My head was throbbing when I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry at first but I could tell I was still in the cavern. I was laying on the cold, hard ground and could hardly move my body. It was like this one time when I decided to go all out exercising and lifting weights trying to look great in a hurry and the next day my whole body ached at the slightest movement, only like one hundred times worse.

"You guys are completely useless, you know that?" The voice was unfamiliar but he seemed to be very angry with someone...everyone. "Her pathways are almost completely open now which means that her emotions flow into you and yours into her in a big, ridiculous circle. What part of being connected to you do you not understand?"

I heard a soft whimper that could only have come from Silver.

"Lorne," I managed to say, but instantly regretted it. My head was going to explode from opening my jaw. The throbbing pain pulsed in quick rhythm with my heart throughout my entire body.

"Cricket!" His relief only intensified the pain I really didn't think could get any worse until then.

I was lifted carefully into the air. I let out a hiss in pain from the movement and was cradled gently against a broad chest. If I was this small in it, then the chest could only belong to Lorne. I felt his giant arms wrap around me supporting my head like I was a newborn. I turned myself into him more to get comfortable and let out another hiss.

"Is she all right?" Raven asked. I never expected a question like that to fall from her lips. If such was the case I can only imagine how horrible I must've looked.

I felt a face next to mine breathing on me. When I felt the stubbly beard I knew it was Aaron. He gently kissed my cheek. Where was Weller in all of this?

"Lady Priestess," Silver said quietly.

I heard him speaking at my head next to Aaron who was cuddling me with his face. I felt his worry and it made the pain intensify. I let out another hiss. The world was spinning even with my eyes closed. It was ridiculous.

"All of you must leave her alone right now," said the unfamiliar person. "Do none of you understand what the bond truly is? Every single emotion you have, she has. That bitter dispute between those two probably overloaded her senses. Any emotions any of you have now will only hurt her further."

"So what do we do?" Raven sounded genuinely concerned. I felt a feminine hand touch mine. She was close to me as well. Where was Weller?

"I wish I knew," said the unfamiliar voice. "I mean this is something a person only reads about." He sounded a little too excited at my pain. "I have never actually seen it. Not to mention she has four jor bonded with her. That has to be taxing enough as it is."

I wanted to vomit. There was so much pain and no relief in sight. At least when I was passed out I didn't have to feel anything. I could feel my body beginning to convulse. I think I was having a seizure. I couldn't even begin to describe the pain of breathing let alone the pain of all my muscles trembling at once.

Lorne held me firm and pulled me away from Aaron's cuddling. He turned gently to block me with his body protecting me from the small group of people.

It wasn't a long seizure, I was grateful for that, but I felt completely drained after it was done. I could feel everyone's sadness and love. Lorne leaned his head down to me and kissed me on my head. There was so much pain I barely noticed. Where was Weller?

I relaxed about as much as I could manage. I figured that if I could feel their emotions, then maybe I could tell which blue link in my head was connected to which person and then be able to track down individuals. I started searching the emotions.