Liam: Anna is temporarily removed from the team.
Ava: WTF!
Ava: She joined the team today.
Ava: What happened?
Liam: IDK. She is in a bad mood rn.

Soon Anna's and Liam's phones had a notification sound. It was Ava who messaged into the family group.

Ava: Anna is temporarily removed from the football team.
Ben: What?
Ben: Anna, come home right now.
Anna: On my way, Dad.

Reading the messages, Beta Ben was shocked.
" How could she remove in a day?" Beta Ben questions as he is confident in Anna's skills.
" Someone is planning against her," Beta Ben's wolf Pete barks.
" Let her come and explain the situation," Beta Ben spoke to his wolf and waited for Anna.
Female Beta Katie arrived at the beta floor and as she expected she found Beta Ben walking back and front in the hall.
" I knew you would walk back and front until Anna comes," Katie stopped her mate and smiled at him.
" Why won't I? She joined the team today and got removed TODAY!" Beta Ben was still in disbelief.
" Why are you stressing on this matter? It's just a sport," Katie scoffed as she rolls her eyes.
" Katie, football has always been my passion and Anna is the only one who shares the same intense passion with me. Her being removed from the team shows that she is incapable which is not true at all. All these years, I have seen and taught her to play football and there is no chance that Anna is a bad player," Ben explained as he frowned.
The scent of Anna and Liam stopped Katie from saying something.
" Anna, tell me what happened?" Ben asked as he saw Anna.
" Dad, the new Coach Sebastian wanted to see our performance so he held a small match. He told us, that our performance determines our stay in the team. I wanted to show him that I am the best so I tried to score as much as I can. In the end, he commented that I am not good at teamwork so now I have to overcome my mistake to secure a place on the team," Anna explained and sat down on the sofa in sadness.
" Anna, what have I told you to remember while you play?" Beta Ben asked.
" Never play to impress, play like a member than a leader and give your best shot," Anna muttered as she sink into the sofa.
" Never forget that," Beta Ben advises to which Anna replied, " I won't forget it,"
" Where is Ava?" Anna asked while she looked around.
" She is in Grace's room doing her homework," Katie replied.
" Liam, can you leave as we want to talk to Anna in private," Beta Ben spoke in a manner that made Liam to nodded and leave.
" How are you feeling, Anna?" Beta Ben and Female Beta Katie sat next to Anna as Katie questions.
Anna knew her parents were referring to the morning incident, " I am a failure. Both of you trained me since I was six yet I couldn't protect myself," Anna controls her tears as she speaks and remembers the moment the rogues looked at her.
" Sweetie, you are not a failure. There is a difference between when you face danger in reality and when you train," Beta Ben spoke.
" I remember my first encounter with rogues, I stood like a statue. If my friends weren't there, I could have been killed," Katie shared her experience which made Ben growl to think someone hurting Katie.
Anna felt better after her parents talked to her and she was determined to train harder so she could protect herself from the rogues.
" Dad, did you find the rogues that attacked me?" Anna asked as she shivered to think about the possibility the rogues escaped.
" No dear. But I won't stop until I find them and kill them for attacking you," Ben growls in anger as the culprits aren't captured.
" They must be hiding somewhere in fear now as the Howler Pack is finding them," Katie says as she notices Anna's fear after hearing Ben.
" Soon those rogues will cry for mercy," Ben taps Anna's hand as he said.

" Alpha, we are sorry..... Please show mercy," The cries of two men can be heard by all the members who were in the pack house. Everyone was scared as they feel and hear the agony of the men. This made everyone to be more scared of their Alpha and warned themselves to never disobey the Alpha, Beta and Epsilon of the pack.
" WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING? WHY DID YOU TWO ATTACK THE BETA'S DAUGHTER?" Alpha roars as he questions.
" Alpha, we couldn't control ourselves after seeing her," one of the men answer as he cried and whimpered in pain and fear.
" How the fuck do you get sexually excited seeing a fucking kid?" The Alpha turned to see his Beta who looks disgusted to hear the answer.
Both of the men whimper and crawl backwards due to the aura of Beta. The aura of Alpha's and Beta's combined made the men's wolves scared and submitted themselves.
" Alpha Ace sent you two to protect me in case of emergency but you fool forgot that. If I didn't reach in time to the forest and misguided the warriors. You could have been caught," The Beta said and then started to hit the men with a whip that had a fence on it.
The force of the hit caused the men to scream louder and whine, " Beta Sebastian...please forgive us," But Beta Sebastian didn't stop and continued to hit until the men fall unconscious.
Alpha Ace knew his Beta is upset and is using the men to vein out his frustration. Alpha Ace assumes the frustration of Beta Sebastian is not finding his mate.
" Fuck," Beta Sebastian spat as he tugs his brunette hair backwards.
" I mind linked the Iotas to check them," Alpha Ace said as he leaves the basement while Beta Sebastian follows him.
" How was your first day at the school?" Alpha Ace asked as they entered the Alpha room as it's one of the three soundproof rooms,
" You are asking as Mom used to do," Beta Sebastian smiles as he remembers his mother. Alpha Ace only smiles in pain as he remembers his Beta's mother who was a second mother to him as well.
" Uh...You won't believe it but I think my mate works in the school," Beta Sebastian spoke in excitement.
" Really! And what made you think that?" Alpha Ace asks in genuine happiness.
" Because of those two fools, I was stuck with the school principal office for the whole school period and I came out. I smell this fading yet enchanting fragrance that made me go crazy and calm at the same time. Then Sean started to jump and swing his tail like a dog that found his toy. He started to howl and say, 'Mate'. I tried to find her but I couldn't," Beta Sebastian was drawn into his talk that he showed an expression of happiness, excitement and regret as he spoke. This made the Alpha Ace surprised by his childhood best friend showing his emotions freely as if he was a child.
" You will find her tomorrow," Alpha Ace hands him a bowl of snacks as they usually discuss while drinking or eating snacks.
" Of course, I will. I am going to mark her as soon as I set my eyes on her," Beta Sebastian announced his plans making Alpha Ace say, " I hope you find your happiness with her,"
" Don't get too emotional Ace," Beta Sebastian scoffed making Alpha Ace smile.
" Now let's talk about our mission," Alpha Ace muttered making Sebastian nod in seriousness.
" I couldn't find or made any move as I was with the principal. Because of those two fools, I met those fuckers so-called, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma and their mates," Beta Sebastian in the end.
" They didn't recognise you," Alpha Ace scoffed in scepticism.
" Dad told us, they never met him, remember," Beta Sebastian reminds Alpha Ace who nods in acknowledgement. As Beta Sebastian looks exactly like his father, Epsilon Samuel.
" Did you meet their children?" Alpha Ace asked.
" I only met Anna as those three boys went home after receiving the punishment. I will meet Ava tomorrow during the fighting class along with those three boys," Sebastian answered and ate a handful of snacks. Then Sebastian continues to tell Alpha Ace about the matter discussed with the principal and the reason why Anna was in the forest.
Listen to Beta Sebastian attentively, Alpha Ace says, " Great, now the principal is impressed by you so you can easily have his trust along with everyone in the school,"
" Come on, I could have easily charmed anyone even if those fools didn't do the mistake, " Beta Sebastian acted to sound offended.
Before Alpha Ace could say anything, the sound of knocking stopped him.
" Who is it?" Alpha Ace asked.
" It's Epsilon Samuel, Alpha"
" Come in, Uncle," Alpha Ace permits and he inquired while frowning to see Epsilon Samuel in scrubs, " Why are you in a scrub?"
" I fooled a woman who looked like that bitch Susan. I have made her unconscious and request that her dead body will be the next," Epsilon Samuel answered.
" Okay but don't vain your hatred of that pack on her," Alpha Ace spoke while Epsilon Samuel looked offended.
" After we are so close to destroying that pack, I won't vain my hatred on someone else, Alpha,"
Alpha Ace nodded and he ordered Epsilon Samuel, " I want you to go to our head office as Gamma Jayden needs some assistance in handling the deals with the Chineses,"
" Yes, Alpha," Epsilon Samuel bowed and left the room.
" Gamma Jayden needs assistance?" Beta Sebastian looked surprised.
" He sounded as if he was dying when he called for assistance," Alpha Ace commented making Beta Sebastian laugh.
" That power-seeking fool. Is he trying to come here?" Beta Sebastian asked.
" He is but I won't let him," Alpha Ace muttered.
" Good, " Beta Sebastian mumbled.
Gamma Jayden was recommended by Epsilon Samuel which Alpha Ace accepted. Otherwise, Alpha Ace and Beta Sebastian never liked Gamma Jayden. They both know that Gamma Jayden has a side business and uses Alpha Ace's contact to boost his business. Alpha Ace is waiting for the right time to punish Gamma Jayden for his disloyalty as he heard rumours that Gamma Jayden wants to overpower Alpha Ace and be the Alpha of the Unknown Pack.
" I am starting to think that Dad is helping him," Beta Sebastian whispered looking lost.
" Uncle will never do that. He swore to Dad's grave to protect me till his life and make me the greatest warlord and Alpha as I deserved, " Alpha Ace spoke and this made Beta Sebastian release a relief breath.
" I forgot about that," Beta Sebastian mumbled.
" Any news from the spy," Beta Sebastian questions which made Alpha Ace smirk.
" The school incident made Alpha Chris postpone the Alpha Ceremony as a punishment. And Luna Carol is furious that she physical assault a few members of the pack house,"
" Now we can use those members for our benefits and if it's possible, we can use the fledglings vampires to attack. This may show that Howler Pack isn't targeted by us," Beta Sebastian suggested.
" I like the idea and I will think about it," Alpha Ace said and then Beta Sebastian spoke as he stand up to leave " I am going to rest now,"
After Beta Sebastian left the room, Alpha Ace groans in annoyance as he couldn't sleep properly last night. As he kept having dreams about an unknown woman whose face he couldn't see. As a warlord, he knew the dream was about his mate. When he was seventeen, he performed a ritual to find his mate but nothing happen which meant he didn't meet his mate and she isn't near him or meeting him anytime soon.
After many years, he is having the signs such as dreams of a woman, his wolf Ron being relentless and impatient whereas Alpha Ace is feeling loneliness more than he used to feel.
" What are doing sitting around when you should find our mate?" Ron barks at Ace who spoke in a grumpy tone,
" We don't need her and if I find her then I will reject her on the spot," Then Alpha Ace blocked Ron and fall into sleep without realising.
The sound of wolves growling, howling and barking made Alpha Ace open his eye. Alpha Ace found himself in a forest instead in his room.
" Fuck," Alpha Ace spat as he understood he is in a dream.
The sound of a cry made Ace growls in anger. He couldn't recognise who is crying but he is dying to find out. So he follows where the sound is coming from as the sound gets harder. The faster Ace is running to save the person. Ace never felt this emotion of protection, danger and scared even when his parents died.
"No!!! Don't hurt please," a soft voice filled with pain was coming everywhere which made Ace impossible to find the source.
"TOUCH HER AND I WILL KILL YOU," Ace roars as he couldn't bear the pain he heard and felt pain erupt from his chest. Then the sound of laughing of many men came and Ace was shocked as he recognised the laughs of his pack members.
Then the cries of an angel came and this time Ace felt helplessness and fear. Ace never felt this intense emotion of helplessness and out of frustration, he howls.
As he finishes howling, he opens his eyes to find himself in his room. He felt the soreness from his body that confirm he was having a vision about his mate because of the ritual.
Alpha Ace laid down as he remembers and analyse the vision. In the end, he concluded that his mate will be the target of his pack members who eat humans.
The thought of his mate being eaten alive made Ace feel nauseated and roaring Ron was giving Ace a headache.
" Why the hell are you roaring?" Ace questions in irradiation.
" Because our mate will be in danger by our pack members. Kill anyone who could threaten our mate," Ron barks.
" I know what to do to protect her," Ace announced and blocked his wolf.
" I will protect you even though I don't want you," Ace spoke as he stare in the mirror that was in front of him. As Ace looks at his reflection, he is getting more confident in his decision as his eyes promise to kill anyone who crosses his path. His eye will never give warmth and affection as he saw his Dad used to give his Mom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Readers who have read my other book, fortune. How are you feeling to read this? Are you ready to see another side of Ace?

What do you think Alpha Ace will do to protect his mate?
Do you think he deserves to have a mate or not?