Chapter 3: Cutting a New Deal.

Start from the beginning

Rias: Yes, well... Y/n, there are still a few things I'd like for us to go over, one on one if that's alright?

Y/n: Of course, everyone is more than welcome to wander the grounds, except the basement. Please steer clear of the basement, that's the only rule of my father's that he wasn't lenient on.

Benji: Come on everyone, I'll give you all a nice tour. After all, Mi Casa es tu casa.

Y/n: Your house? 

Benji: Fine, OUR house.

After the group had left, I turned my attention to Rias who sat on the couch opposite me, her legs crossed and a somewhat mischievous smile on her face.

Rias: Now then, shall we get down to business?

Y/n: That we shall.

Rias Point of View

I sat across from Y/n, already I knew my gamble was paying off, now was just to make sure my hunch had been correct.

Y/n: So, what is this business you wanted to discuss?

Rias: I just wished to continue our conversation from this morning.

Y/n: Ahh, yes. You're the master of my soul, correct?

Rias: Yes, but I figured that you'd prefer to take a more business focused approach, and simply cut a deal.

Y/n: I do have to admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for good deals.

Rias: Alright, first of all, I can't exactly give back your soul, at least not quickly, so I'd prefer that we come to a mutual agreement.

Y/n: Of course, but I can assure you, I have very little when it comes to demands. I simply wish to continue living my life, running my business and such.

Rias: Of course, I feel that is the very least I could do, especially considering I'd like to request that your company sponsor Kuoh academy.

Y/n: I suppose I could do that, I'm guessing that's where you all go to school?

Rias: You'd be guessing correctly. Normally, I'd have you enroll at Kuoh, in the college courses. However, considering you're a very well known face among a majority of the student body, it'd draw an unwelcome amount of attention, and many people would begin asking questions.

Y/n: Well, if that's the case, I'd like to request someone I know be given a scholarship to Kuoh's College courses, specifically in the Bio-Engineering course. He's nearly finished with his Doctorate in Science and Engineering, a double major, rocking straight A's and a 4.0 for his entire university career.

Rias: Oh my, and why is he not in Kuoh's College Program already?

Y/n: Because it's cheaper for him to take 2 majors at a basic university then take part in Kuoh's Bio-Medical course, which only includes Nanotechnical, Bio-Mechanical, Bio-Medical and Bio-Engineering.

Rias: Quite the career path he's chosen.

Y/n: Well, he wants to become included in Serpentine's Medical branch and begin researching how to extend the average Human life. Maybe even begin digitization of the human mind, though that may just be a pipe dream of mine.

Rias: Well then, I don't see why I can't do that at the very least.

Y/n: Very well, in that case... you have me and my companies sponsorship in return for his scholarship to Kuoh's college program.

Rias: Wonderful. Now then, are there any questions you have for me?

Y/n: Has your gamble paid off yet?

Rias: As a matter of fact, I believe this gamble of mine has paid of very well, yet I believe it still has plenty left to give me, though I suppose only time will tell. If I may, do you remember our conversation about how the Devil's society's hierarchy works?

Y/n: About how High Class Devils get 'Houses' based off of Chess pieces?

Rias: Precisely, I feel this would be a good chance to do a bit more explaining on that.

Y/n: Very well, I'm listening.

Rias: Each house is ruled by a King, in this case, the King is me. Akeno is the Gremory house's Queen, Kiba is our Knight, Koneko, our Rook, Asia is our Bishop, and Issei... well, Issei our second rook, not even a Mutation piece like I had hoped. You on the other hand, you were a special case. You took up not 1, but 8 Pawn pieces, though what's so special about you, is each and every pawn piece, became a mutation, though I'd never seen a Mutation like this. Normally, Mutations become Gilded, indicating a higher status of power, you however-

Rias waved her hand over the coffee table that separated you, making a set of chess pieces appear before your eye's.

Rias: Your pieces glow Green, instead of Red like the others. And they have a gold gilding like other mutations, however, its the green coloring I find odd, hence the gamble

A/n: Green and Gold, do you get it? Eh? Eh? I couldn't find a single green, gilded chess piece, so take this ring instead to represent what the pieces look like. In other words, your pawn pieces are very beautiful.

 In other words, your pawn pieces are very beautiful

Y/n: Hmm, green and Gold. A little gaudy for me, but still very nice. I'm guessing that's what spurred the rest of your gamble?

Rias: Yes, precisely. I'm excited to see the kind of power you have hidden away in there.

Y/n: I can't promise you power, but...

You stood up from your seat and began towards the large double doors that exited the sitting room before beckoning for Rias to follow.

You led the way to a room closed off by a door gilded like the chess pieces.

Y/n: This is my fathers study.

With a slight exhale, you opened the door and entered the room, being met with an emotional sight.

You stared at the dark wood walls and emerald green seats around a small round table.

Y/n: My father used to say stuff like 'Audentes fortuna iuvat' which means Fortune favors the Bold, and his personal favorite, 'Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo

Y/n: My father used to say stuff like 'Audentes fortuna iuvat' which means Fortune favors the Bold, and his personal favorite, 'Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.' If I cannot move heaven, I will Raise hell.' 

You moved over to a picture that sat on a side table between two chairs, a picture of you and your father which you picked up and smiled up, followed by a few short words.

"Requiescat In Pace, Papa."