Short Side Story : Princess Selene Do Beil of Beil Kingdom

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Princess Selene Dol Beil's POV

" Princess, may i ask when will you be available to meet my son? He is a splendid young man adored by many young ladies in the kingdom. Smart, Talented and Good looking. He would be perfect for someone like you. "

I gave the Marquis a smile, a smile i always put on as a princess of this kingdom.

" What are you doing, Marquis? Didn't i tell you to stop selling your son to my daughter? Why are you doing it again? "

My father arrived with a scowl on his face, Zeke Del Fierre walking beside him.

" I am simply thinking of the better future of the princess. Who knows about that man she's gonna be engaged at. He might be a horrible person who can't handle and take care of our dearest princess. "

Zeke's eyebrows started forming a frown. His pride must have been hurt.

" I implore you to refrain from saying such things from now on Marquis, or i will have to deal with you myself. The man we are talking about is in front of you. This man right here beside me. "

The Marquis's face got shocked and moved his eyes to Zeke, studying the young man's face from head to toe.

" I-i apologize your majesty. "

Zeke didn't react and my father waved his hand to tell him to go away and not say a thing to anybody about this matter yet. The marquis bowed and walked away quickly.

" I apologize Sir Zeke, Some nobles doesn't understand the situation and still greedy enough to covet my daughter as she will be the future queen. I have received the letter from your sister, also the letter from the Sergi Empire. Thank you for taking care of my daughter while she was at your estate, i wanted to thank your sister personally but i won't be able to do so. "

I felt the sadness in my father's voice, he was close with late big sister whose businesses are famous in this country.

" It's okay your majesty, i also expected this as soon as she have told me about the duchy and this kingdom. I may not be as brilliant as my sister, but i am confident that i will never disappoint my late sister when she entrusted me in such a big change in her beloved territory. And i know i can live a happy and comfortable life with your daughter. "

I smiled at his words, nodding since i know his feelings and thoughts for we have already had a conversation about this matter months ago after sister Monvi died.

" Very well young man, i will entrust my daughter to you but i will make sure to check up on you. I will announce your engagement tomorrow as we planned, and the wedding will happen after a year. Now excuse me little kids, i have to go to work. "

My father smiled at us and started walking all the way to the other building where his office is located.

" I'm sorry you had to witness the slandering from that Marquis, Zeke. "

Zeke chuckled and gently patted my head.

" They can say whatever they want to me, i do not mind such things because i intend to change their mind in the future. Also i like how they always compliment you. "

I frowned and gently shove his hand away.

" Stop patting me like a little girl. "

Zeke grinned mischievously and leaned his face a little towards me.

" Oh my bad, my little girl. "

I punched his stomach a little hard, making him wince in pain clutching his stomach with a smile on his face.