Chapter 18

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

The crown prince went back to the palace after our conversation. The princess on the other hand stayed with me here in the library. Grabbing a book herself about romance.

" You have known Theo since you were at the imperial academy? "

She raised her head, nodding at me with a small smile.

" You know his personality, you must've known how he tries to persuade his brother to talk to me for me to give the empire more money support. "

My voice sounded bitter, felt like the words i said were words i didn't want to admit.

" He loves his empire. I know you can hate him for his greed but he cares for you. He just seems twisted but he truly cares for you. He is trying to push his brother more to you for you to be happy and he can gain money support at the end. Like a win-win situation. "

I grabbed a bottle of wine at the cabinet behind me, also grabbing two glasses. I opened the bottle, filling the glasses, giving her one while i held the other one.

" And you, who only wanted to get out of your empire and family. You who likes doing whatever you want, sees that the hard working prince who doesn't mind what you do, see him as a perfect husband. "

She sips her drink, smiling meaningfully at me. Her eyes looking at me like she isn't denying what i said.

" And through him i can be close to you. "

I halted from sipping my drink, looking at her with a confused face.

" I'm starting to think your words may cause confusion to the other people. "

She chuckled, putting down the glass of wine on the table. Leaning her body towards me, holding my chin with her forefinger.

" I am not saying anything wrong, i am simply wanting to get close to you. "

I sighed and leaned on my chair, massaging my nose bridge as she laughed and sat back to her chair.

" Just do what you want, Princess. "

She nodded while smiling, sipping her drink while reading her book.

We stayed inside the library for the whole day, Harold constantly bringing in paper works needed to finish while talking to the princess while waiting for me to finish every time he comes in.

Evening arrived and Harold came in, informing us to eat dinner. I stood up after putting down my pen, looking outside the library window.

I walked towards the dining hall with the princess beside me. Upon arriving, i saw Zeke and Wade waiting for us. The kitchen staffs prepared the foods on the table right away after my arrival. I nodded at them and started eating. The meal ended after an hour of eating, making everyone move their way to their rooms changing into our sleeping clothes to prepare for ending the day with sleeping.

As soon as i went inside my room, i stood at the door of my balcony, looking at the bright moon.

" Mir "

A shadow guard appeared behind me.

" Your Grace. "

I turned around and faced him, my hands in my back.

" What is the news about the investigation i told you about the mother of the second prince? "

" Upon hearing the news of her brother and sister dying at the marquis and the viscount's estate. She was enraged and mourning deeply in silent and is persuading more nobles as of this moment to push the emperor to invade the Beil Kingdom. "