Chapter 3

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

Today is the day of the second prince's visit, i am sitting at the sofa in front of the table which is the opposite side of the supposed seat of the prince.

A gentle knock was heard with the voice of Harold telling me that the prince has arrived. I answered for them to go in and as it opened widely, i saw the stoic face of the prince.

' Zeev Trei Sergi, Second prince of the Sergi Empire. '

" Good day to you, prince. Have a seat "

He looked at me with his black eyes with a hue of red. He nodded his head lightly and sat down on the sofa in front of me. I looked at Harold to signal him the tea and keep the knights away from the room. The prince also told his knights to go outside to wait by the door.

" For you to come all the way to my dukedom, is there urgent things needed to be done, Prince Zeev? "

His eyes wavered for a bit then looked away to the opened window, with the clear view of a tree with white colored leaves.

" Do i need an excuse to see my fiancé? How are you, Vi? "

I leaned my back on the sofa while crossing my arms on my chest, staring at the stoic face of the prince. He is quite good looking as a man, he is deemed as the least bachelor amongst the princes, but whenever he wears his eyeglasses, i could only say that he is worth my interest.

" Hmmm. Despite knowing the rumors about me? And you must've heard what my Father did. Yet you didn't cancel the visit? you know i wouldn't have minded if you did. I couldn't tarnish your image, my Fiancé "

The door opened together with Harold bringing two cups of tea, giving me and the prince each cup. Harold bowed and went outside, leaving us in silence.

" You think i don't know the truth? And you think i mind about my image?. I am not my brother, the crown prince, who cares about such thing. The noble ladies are all scared of me and dislike me for not showing courtesy towards them like smiling to them upon talking which is highly annoying and tedious to do. "

I stopped sipping on my tea and glanced towards the prince who had his eyebrows furrowed. I gently put the cup of tea on the saucer.

" Did you perhaps got forced again to attend a tea party by your mother? Does she dislike me that much? "

His face softened and looked straight at me while still holding his cup of tea.

" My mother is just a concubine, she wasn't told about the truth about your rumors unlike the Empress. She wasn't informed of anything like a secret of the imperial family, that's why i am here to make her think i am resolved in this engagement between us. "

I sighed as it is true that the concubines of the emperor doesn't know the truth, therefore causing them to believe all the rumors circling around the empire.

" you can always cancel it, Prince Zeev. I have nothing to say and will comply with you if you cancel it. And please tell me the second reason why you are here. "

His eyes showed signs of conflict but he only sighed and rested down the cup of tea on the saucer.

" My father, the emperor wants your help in the upcoming hunting festival. As you know, he has been gathering gifts for his concubines that our treasury is getting lower. My brother also, the crown prince is having a hard time on how to get back the money. The empress also expressed great distress as she was notified by the chancellor about the financial instability.   My brother's coronation will be held by the end of the year, promising that he will pay you back. "

I recalled hearing such rumors coming from the Marquees, saying the emperor is spending lavishly for his other wives and not to his own empress. But i have known the empress since i was young, she is not bothered by such behavior of the emperor.

" During the marriage of the crown prince and princess of the neighboring empire. I presume your family will be rich once again. I have businesses also in their empire, i also am in contact with their emperor. I am willing to spend more money, but i have to make sure i will be paid back once the marriage of them is done. If not, i will ask the crown prince who will be the next emperor that as his way of paying me back, he shall give me the rights to be an independent state. Making my dukedom independent and not part of this empire anymore. Therefore, State your amount to Harold, he will prepare the money. "

The prince smiled gently while looking away, i stared at his beautiful face as it is the first time seeing him smile.

" You have such beautiful smile. The ladies would've swoon over it. "

He covered his mouth and i can his reddened ears, making me smile inside my head.

' he looks stoic and scary but he is just like a little innocent child '

" W-well can i ask a part of your time, Vi? I saw the beautiful garden when i was riding the carriage, i feel like it would be nice to walk there with you. "

I covered my mouth as i laughed lightly. I then stood up and walked towards him, leaning my face towards the panicked face of the stoic prince. I held his cheek gently, tapping it lightly.

" I'm sorry, Prince Zeev. I have other things to do. Perhaps another time? Please wait for Harold here and you two should talk about the needed money. I'll see you again next time. "

I stood up after giving him a quick peck on his cheek. Rendering him speechless with a reddened ears.

I bowed my head lightly and went outside, looking at my two knights and Harold lining up as they are waiting for me.

" Call Captain Veddy, We shall depart now. And oh, Harold? please assist the Prince inside, give him what he needs. I will be back as soon as i am finished with this. Tell Jill to prepare a bath beforehand also. "

I glanced towards the knights of the prince, when they saw me looking at them they all went pale and looked straight ahead with twitching lips.

The sight made me feel nauseous as everyone around me acts like that, except for the five people who is constantly in contact with me and my own special knights.

I started walking towards my office to get my sword, while one of the knights who were following me earlier went towards the captain to inform him my order.

As soon as i arrived at the main entrance, i looked towards the receiving room that i was in earlier. A silhouette of a man is looking at my location, i turned my head and went inside the carriage, telling everyone to start heading towards the newly found mine.

' How Naive you are, Prince Zeev. Your own brother is using you like this. '