Epilogue - next story introduction

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been years since the death of a friend i hold
dear. At first, it was only interest as she takes on every rumor despite them not being true. It was amusing how she was greatly feared yet wasn't condemned because of how powerful her duchy is. How she was so important for the empire itself.

She comes into my mind every time i come across a cliff, as she had her last breath in that place, closing her eyes in front of the ones who loves her.

She was a broken person, her father betrayed her, her relatives were all too greedy that they wanted her dead. Even the guy she thought she would live with, was only using her to gain power.

I was too late, i wasn't able to reach out earlier. I regret it, i regret feigning ignorance of the feeling that i wanted to be friends with her. To be acquainted in her life. To know what she was thinking. I was too late, now she's gone.

Her loved ones are still grieving but they are doing their best to fulfill the life that she gave them. The second chance for them to be happy, like what she wanted and achieved. Happiness for her, but pain for us.

" What's wrong, my future wife? "

I turned around, now facing the crown prince of Sergi Empire, giving me a small and tired smile.

" Just thinking about Monvi. "

His lips twitched and his eyes turned solemn, reaching out to my hand and gently caressing it.

" She is happy now. I hope you will be. "

I gave him a small smile, a smile i always give whenever she was involved. A friend i treasured a lot despite knowing her for a short time.

" Pardon my intrusion, Crown Prince and Crown Princess. I would like to inform you that we have sent the invitation to the Portdom Kingdom, informing the King that her sister, The Duchess of the North shall lead the delegation and be present in order to have better relations with our empire. They agreed and they shall be here the day before the wedding. "

I turned my back and watched the sun set, gripping on the rails of the terrace.

" Thank you. You may go now. Prepare the rooms designated for her with utmost care. "

The messenger went outside right away after hearing the words of the crown prince.

Theo then hugged me from behind, whispered lowly.

" That duchess reminds you of Monvi. Is it a good thing for her to be here? "

I nodded slowly, tightening my grip.

" This time—- I'll make sure not to be late in coming into her life. Not because of the regret i feel about Monvi, but also this same interest i feel towards the broken duchess. That Maze Del Sage Portdom. She seems to be like Monvi, but something different. It would be good for our empire and for us. "

Theo didn't respond and only rested his chin on my shoulder in silence.

' I, Georgia Von Prest, Shall be a part of her salvation. '

Next Story :

" The Villainess's Salvation "