Chapter 16

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

A few days after the death of Yerol, i have received an invitation from the emperor regarding that matter but i have sent him a letter instead, explaining the truth instead of ruining my sanity stepping in that wretched place.

" Your Grace, what can i do about the untouched lake inside our land? "

I lowered my book slowly, looking at my brother who is checking the map i gave him.

" Call me sister, stop with the formalities. anyway, since that lake is inside your land, i suggest making it a place where some couples can enjoy. Perhaps charging them for a boat ride that is only good for two people. I remember that place has a good view of the sunset. You can also let the merchants build stalls around the lake for the people to enjoy eating foods. It has been my plan to do that there for additional profit but since i have given the land to our father, i didn't pursue it. "

My brother, Zeke Del Fierre, scratched his nape.

" Brilliant. You really know how to do things in your land, s-sister! "

I heard a light cough beside us, making me and my brother stare at the pink haired man holding his book.

" Is something wrong, Wade ? "

He shook his head, closing his book while smiling sweetly to me.

" You are just so amazing, Your Grace. After staying here for two days with you, i get to know who you really are and i am happy you allowed me to stay here. "

I crinkled my forehead, opening my book again to ignore his compliment.

" Stop staring at my sister, soon to be marquis. Why don't you go home already?! "

I heard my brothers annoyed voice.

" Why? is there something wrong staring at the person i look up to the most? brave, elegant, smart beyond comparison, kind hearted despite all the rumors. She is a perfect girl. "

I heard a loud thump that made me raise my eyes. My brother throwing a book that hit the wall beside the young master's head.

" Don't you dare keep your eyes on her. You do not deserve her. No one ever deserves her. I'll make sure of that. "

I sighed and closed the book on the table. Standing up and checking the sky outside, then walked towards the door.

" Stay here you two. I will go somewhere. Just don't break anything inside. "

I went out before they can even retort. Walking my way to the stable by the west annex.

" Going somewhere, Your Grace? "

The commander appeared beside me, holding Harold's daughter.

" Yes, i shall return before night arrives. Make sure to properly feed the child, commander. Buy anything she wants. "

I mounted the horse after wearing the cloak.

" Take care, Your Grace. "

I nodded and waved my hand goodbye from the child waving at me. Then moved towards the opened west gate near the stables.

The bright sun is reflecting on the ground of the mountain, the trees giving me shade as i ride my way to the deepest part of the Welt Mountain.

Upon arriving, the wolves gathered around me, walking in circles.