Chapter 1

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Sometimes you wonder if you deserve the life you have. Everything that happened since childhood made you wonder if you deserve to be the monster you are now. Someone they despise, someone they practically begged not to see anymore. Just Please leave me alone! '

Standing at the cliff behind our estate which is my personal space for training, i touched the tip of my wooden sword. Looking at the beautiful sunset, in which the sky is covered in bright red with a touch of orange light.

" Your grace , i apologize for disturbing you but i humbly request your presence as we have a guest right now. Viscount Gret is waiting for you. "

I didn't need to look back to know who called for me, i lowered my head, looking at the wooden sword i am holding, swinging it slowly from side to side.

" Perhaps about his monetary assistance? He always comes here every month on the same date. Why do i still need to face him? I gave him a land and a title as i am appointing him as a vassal of this ducal house. He is a freakin viscount now! "

I turned around and saw Harold, my butler, looking down with his arm on his chest. I felt a pang of anger and pain at the same time as i remember my own father's face.

" I shall do so, Your Grace. I shall give him the monthly allowance that he needed but please read the papers on how he spends your money. Especially as he is doing a business right now using the land's resources. "

Harold bowed again and left, but after a few moments i heard a shout behind me.

" You ungrateful daughter! I came here again to just see your face! What kind of daughter are you? You don't respond to my letters! You don't even respond to my invitation whenever i have occasions in my estate!. You who is always inside your ducal house if not being called by the imperial family! I am of the same blood as you are! What kind of daughter are you?! You even told your butler that you won't meet me even if i am here in flesh! "

I sighed, tapping the wooden sword on my boots. I can also hear the whispering behind me, probably from the maids or from other employees, as my own father is fueling the ruined image of his own daughter.

" Please leave, Viscount Gret. I am busy as of this moment. Captain Veddy, escort the viscount. I don't like how he says things, and oh, give him more allowance to shut him up. He needs it as he is causing such a ruckus. "

I heard the captain gently talked my father to go away, escorting him out of my private place by the cliff despite my own father still shouting about his ungrateful daughter.

" Grand Duchess, is it okay to do this? There were many people who saw such ruckus even though your father is the one at fault. You want me to make them not tell anyone about it? "

I turned my back to see the worried eyes of my butler.

" It's okay, Harold. let them be. i am used to it. Just give him the money that he wants. I do not care anymore. My own mother doesn't even care when she was still alive. "

i turned around to watch the sunset again with a solemn eyes.

' How can a sunset be so beautiful when it just means that a dark night will come as soon as it ends? pretty much like how life can give you a temporary happiness when by the end of the day, it'll go back to plain old darkness. Finding happiness is the same as finding sadness and pain. How peculiar'

I am Monvi Drei Dawn, the grand duchess of the Sergi Empire, and this is my life as the villain of everyone's story.

Edit: Thank you all for reading this story and for those who are just starting in reading this story, I am confident you will like it. I sure do hope you will also read the 2nd story connected to this one, my "The Villainess's Salvation." Thank you everyone!