Chapter 12

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

It's been two months since the incident that happened at the barren village on my territory. I also heard some rumors that the villagers are spreading goodwill about me. Telling them that it was me who personally subjugated the bandits terrorizing the village.

I also received a letter of invitation from the crown prince, asking to give him my time to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and talk about things in the empire.

" Grand Duchess, The princess is ready to depart now. "

I turned around, putting down the letter on top of my papers on the table.

Today is the day that the Beil princess will go back to her kingdom, telling her father about my plan.

" Alright "

I went outside with Harold behind me, looking at the smiling faces of the maids. I clenched my jaw in discomfort, yet calmly walking towards the entrance of the building.

The princess was wearing her disguise clothes while standing in front of the carriage, her eyes getting teary eyed as she look at me with sadness. I walked towards her and gave her a tight hug.

" We shall meet again soon, my little sister. You cannot leave your kingdom any more longer than this. Please understand your father and me. "

She nodded her head, sniffing on my shoulder.

" I Understand already, Big sister. You have taught me more than what i can learn in my kingdom. Please leave everything to me now. "

I stared at her eyes as she said the last words, smiling as it meant a lot for me more than she think. Gently patting her head, i also kissed her forehead, reluctant to bid goodbye of the little sister i miraculously acquired.

She smiled sweetly, her golden eyes shimmering with her tears. Her platinum blonde hair covered by the cloak.

" Have a safe trip, little sister. "

She went inside the carriage with the crest of my carriage business, accompanied by Yerol, my head maid as they are disguised as sisters going on a vacation to the neighboring kingdom of Beil. Seeing as there are enough knights and attendants joining them, i turned around to go back to my office.

" Harold, tell Jill to prepare me a dress as i am going to the imperial palace. "

Harold bowed and went to the different direction while i walked inside my office.

" Mir "

Mir appeared behind me as i stand by the window, watching the departing carriage.

" Yes, Your Grace "

" Tell your men to ensure that the princess will arrive safely to her kingdom. "

" As you wish, Your Grace "

Mir disappeared and i sighed as i can no longer see the carriage. I heard a knock on the door as Jill is informing me that the dress is ready.

I went out and followed Jill on the way to my room, her assisting me as i change my clothes.

" You seem down as the princess already departed, Your Grace. You were having such bright smiles for the past two months as you secluded yourself in the dukedom together with the princess. "

I smiled as i recall the two months i spent training her. Telling her everything i know that can help her.

" We will see each other soon. I will have to trust her to make her kingdom bigger and stronger. "