Chapter 8

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

It's been two weeks since the last visit of the Crown Prince. Today is also the day of the hunting festival of the empire. I am on my way to the location at the northern part of the empire where the mountains are filled with animals.

" Your Grace, i have your bow ready in case you want to participate in the hunt. "

I nodded at Harold's words while i am reading the schedule for the two day hunting festival. There are carriages alongside us, also on its way to the area.

After hours of traveling, we finally arrived in the hunting festival area. I can also see the tent Harold prepared for me with a flag of the dukedom on the top of it. I went inside right away, seeing a comfortable bed and a temporary comfort room.

" Thank you Harold. "

He smiled and bowed his head, excusing himself as he will unload my things.

I looked at Commander Veddy standing by the entrance inside and then to Jill who is checking the bed.

" Accompany me as i inform the imperial family that i have arrived, Veddy. Leave Knight Owen in charge for the tent. And Jill, help me change my clothes into a hunting attire. "

Commander Veddy bowed his head and went outside the tent, telling the knight not to let anyone get inside as i am changing. Jill went outside to get the bag where she stored the clothes. I sat down on the bed while looking at the scabbard of my sword, carved with the crest of my family.

" I apologize Your Highness, No one is allowed to go inside yet except for the personal maid of the Duchess. I request for you to wait as soon as she go outside herself. "

I heard the knight guarding talking to someone in the entrance. I sighed and laid down on the bed.

" Your Grace, i am back. "

Jill came inside after a minute so i stood up and started taking off my dress. She helped me taking the dress off and also made me wear the black hunting attire that was customized for me. It has the insignia of the ducal house embroidered on it.

I thanked Jill as soon as we finished, she also hung the mantle on my shoulder right after giving me a light make up.

" You look beautiful, Your Grace."

I smiled at her as i am standing in front of her, as she checked the entirety of the clothes.

" All done. Take care, Your Grace. I'm sure the second prince will be flustered as he lay your eyes on you when you go out. I have seen him standing outside the tent earlier as i went inside. "

I nodded my head and went outside, truly seeing the second prince standing outside, with his arms on his chest while looking down the ground.

" Greetings, Second Prince. Have you been waiting here all along, Your Highness? "

Prince Zeev flinched and quickly stood straight. I checked his clothes and chuckled as he was using the same color as me, going all black from head to toe.

" Greetings, Beautiful Duchess. Can i ask for your time? I wanna walk around the area with you. Also perhaps sharing a meal with you. "

I glanced over my shoulder on my left and nodded my head towards commander Veddy, then turned my face back to the Prince who looks like a dog that is wiggling its tail.

" Ofcourse, Your Highness. But i would like to inform your father first that i have arrived. Can you accompany me? "

He nooded right away and offered his arm. I chuckled lightly upon his gesture and slid my hand on it, gently touching his toned arm.