Chapter 5

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

I got out of the bath after an hour. Checking my eyes on the mirror, and felt satisfied as my eyes aren't swollen enough to be noticed.

I started wearing the evening clothes Jill prepared on my bed, loose long white silky sleeves dress all the way to my ankles. I grabbed the black silky cloak and wore it. I went outside the room and started walking my way to the dining hall in the main annex.

I ignored the maids who were bowing their heads with their trembling hands.

Harold was waiting for me by the door and bowed right away as soon as he saw me.

" Good Evening Your Grace. "

He opened the door and guided me to my seat. As soon as i sat down, the kitchen staffs laid the foods on the table. Roasted chicken were laid together with some grilled pork meats. I nodded at them and they all went outside, together with Harold.

I started eating slowly, staring nonchalantly at the meats i am slicing on my plate. I also grabbed the glass of water after a few spoons of food. As i felt full, i rang the bell beside my plate at the table.

Harold came in, smiling. I stood up and thanked him for the meal, then walked my way to the library.

As i got inside, i saw a man reading a book seriously. I closed the door quietly and walked my way in front of his desk.

" I suppose you and your wife got into a fight again? "

He raised his head, his golden hair fluttering above his blue eyes while his head is in between his book.

" She kicked me out again. Harold didn't inform you? "

My cloak fluttered as i walked towards the bookshelves.

" He didn't and i suppose he didn't need to because you come here every time you fight. Frou wouldn't be worried either way as she knows you'll be coming here every time she kicks you out. "

I looked back at the smiling man, reading his book while scratching his nape.

' Count Drek Therry. A good friend of mine since childhood. His county is just beside my dukedom. As his wife is a foreigner of the empire, no one wanted to even get close to Frou but i was the only one who reach out and even gave her a job as my aide. '

He was so indulged in his book that i left him alone in that area, moving my way to my personal table at the end of the library. I opened the cabinet full of wines beside the table and also a glass of wine. I opened the bottle and poured a lot on my glass. I sighed as i started reading about the book of the businesses at the neighboring empire.

I take a sip each 10 flips of pages, with only two candled lights as my light here at the dark corner. I never get to check how long i was inside as i was so indulged in reading, that i flinched right away when i heard a gentle voice in front of me.

" Vi, why are you still awake? "

I raised my head, only for me to see Prince Zeev with his wet hair and bed time clothes.

" You were still here? Why didn't Harold informed— sigh. I wasn't able to check how long i was reading. Don't mind me, Zeev. "

He flopped in front of the table and rested his chin on the edge of the table, while his hair is covering half of his eyes with little drops of water falling from the tips of his hair. His eyes were full of worry, his normal stoic face were gone as it was replaced with a worried face.