Chapter 7

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

The next day, i heard a lots of footsteps as i am headed towards the training ground of the knights with Captain Veddy behind me.

Everyone went silent as soon as they saw me approaching the platform in front of everyone. They lined up right away, looking at me with their serious faces.

" My humble knights. My strong knights. My proud children. I called you all here today because i have an announcement to make. I am appointing Captain Veddy as Commander Vince Veddy Rite. The same goes to Vice Captain Owen Greg Summer as the new Vice Commander. Setting aside the appointment, i would like you all to be aware that i will need your strength in the upcoming storm. Are you willing to go to the frontline again for me, my dearest knights? "

My eyes stared at them from left to right, showing them my cruel smile. They stomped their feet twice and shouted in unison.

" The Dawn dukedom is our life. Our hope and our future. We will stand behind you. We will kill anyone for you. We offer our lives for you. "

I nodded at them and grabbed the sword hanging on my waist with the scabbard. I raised my sword, they all raised theirs and we shouted in unison.

" We are the beginning before the light and the end of the dark "

I sheathed my sword and looked at them once again with a smile.

" Tonight we celebrate the appointments of your two leaders. A banquet for everyone. "

Everyone shouted and whistled, i patted the shoulders of the Commander and Vice Commander as they are kneeling down in front of me.

" We shall have a meeting later. For now, go and greet your knights as they will congratulate you. Invite your families as well at the banquet. "

" Thank you, Your Grace. "

They both said in unison with respect clearly painted on their faces.

I walked away from the platform while Harold is waiting for me down below.

" Your Grace, i have sent the letter already to the Beil Kingdom and it is expected to arrive tomorrow. The director of the duchy's weaponry also arrived already and is waiting for you at the receiving room. "

I nodded at Harold's reports and walked fast on my way to the receiving room. The director stood up and bowed his head upon my arrival.

" Take a seat "

He sat down on the sofa as i sat down on the other sofa opposite of his.

" Is there any problems in the production of weapons? lacking materials? Minerals? "

He shook his head and gave me a piece of paper, stating the last count of weapons made last week. The numbers are quite high and enough to even sell and use.

" I will be visiting the smithy village tomorrow. I will be suggesting a weapon. Thank you for coming here. You can attend the banquet tonight and sleep in one of the quarters at the east annex. "

He bowed his head and stood up.

" Thank you, Your Grace. "

He went outside, closing the door quietly.

I stood up and went outside, walking my way to my office. Frou raised her head as she saw me walked in.

" Your Grace, there's an invitation from the Imperial Family that arrived just now. "