Chapter 2

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess's POV

I have been walking around the estate to check up on the building's condition and even the furnitures if needed replacement. But as i walk around, i can see the maids bowing their head while trembling with a pale face.

I smiled inside my head as i can really see how much of a bad person i am in their eyes. I felt my insides turning up upon the sight of the scared employees so i went back to my office without looking back.

I heard a knock on the door as i am writing some papers regarding the ducal's business.

" Come in. "

Captain Veddy came in together with Harold and the head maid Yerol.

" Hmm? what's wrong with you three? Giving me such gloomy faces. Do you want vacation? I can give you two days. "

I looked back again to my papers after glancing at their gloomy faces. Writing the papers again as i am checking the newly found mine in my land, as it is an additional source of jewels.

" Your Father, the Viscount is spreading rumors regarding what happened yesterday. He doesn't even care even if he is a vassal of this ducal house. He is adding nasty rumors about you. "

Harold spoke softly with a hint of worry in his voice as he said those words.

" And? Should i care about it, Harold? Everyone in this empire loves rumors and what happened yesterday was true. I said what i said. "

My nonchalant voice made the head-maid gasp, i looked up to her and saw her teary eyed face.

" Yerol, what kind of face are you making right now? "

I put down the pen i am holding and looked at each of their worried faces.

" I am the grand duchess of this ducal house. I know my reputation about my personality is beyond low but as long as i haven't killed anyone who is deemed innocent, then i am not fazed by such things. Sigh, Harold prepare the receiving room by tomorrow since i received a mail from the second prince that he will be visiting tomorrow. Just do what needs to be done. They are simply needing my ducal house anyway. "

Harold nodded his head as his answer. The head-maid looked at me again with such worried eyes.

" Do not reprimand your maids, yerol. If they are scared of me, let them be. I don't want you getting another rumor that i am forcing you to be on my side. Just request monetary assistance for the things needed to fix and to buy. "

Yerol didn't retort and just nodded her head.

" I will be standing outside, your grace. I have finished my training regiment with the knights. "

I scratched my cheeks and frowned at the enthusiastic Captain.

" You— sigh, don't forget you are a captain now. Go rest and do something else. Geez why are you so pushy with guarding me. I am just inside my own office. "

Harold, Veddy and even Yerol are giving me a defeated look, not being able to say anything else as i gave them my answer and order. They all bowed and went outside the office. I can only sigh as i felt the emptiness of the room again.

" I presume they were here after hearing the rumors? How admiring. Look how much they care after their monstrous master. "

A playful voice was heard after a soft creaking of the door.