The Day of Unity pt.1

Amity, Willow, Gus, Estera, and I were all riding to the day of Unity with Alador Blight driving the airship to save Luz. I thought back to how it was brought to this, how Luz had used Gus's illusion abilities to swap me and her around in the chaos. I could barely believe Luz so willingly risked herself for me. Especially since she was the only one who knew, who I made promise not to tell anyone. I was disgusted by what I was, what I was created to be and it was destroying me. I sighed softly, burying my face in my knees as someone sat next to me... Estera.

Est gave me a worried look and I just looked away. I knew she knew I was hiding something, and she had been trying to get it out of me since we reunited. I couldn't tell her though, I knew her well enough to know she wouldn't see me any differently, especially with her curse being so horrible, but.... I also knew she would never see me the same as before. She would forever see me as someone, or something else. I didn't know if it would be bad or good and I couldn't risk it, with her or anyone else who I wasn't even the slightest bit as sure about. The two of us sat in silence until I couldn't help myself anymore and walked over to try helping get the ship to go faster, which turned into a huge fight between Alador, Amity, Gus and me. eventually realizing it was mostly our anxiety, worry and hunger speaking. We ended up all calming down and just eating, me and Gus genuinely enjoying each others company all the while.

Eventually we were attacked and tried to fight back, but ended up with the ship destroyed and all of us getting hurt in the crash. We had to leave Alador behind as we desperately finished the ride via palismen and came to a horrifying sight. The plan Luz had told us about being worked on to foil The Day of Unity had failed completely. I ran up to Darius as he laid on the ground weakened, desperately calling out his name and shaking him... but knew he was to far gone to realize I was even their... and I could feel tears filling my eyes. Amity pointed out the place we needed to go and we all got ready, it would be a lie to say I wasn't scared... but I was done cowering before Belos, done letting him control my life. I would make him regret ever making me.