"Look's like I hit a nerve." Liya chuckled lightly, wiping the blood off her face. She was beginning to feel drowsy and her senses were clouding. "Finally decided to use your abilities?"

Another wave of pain hit her and she gasped, struggling to keep her balance as blood spilled from her mouth and when she reached her hands up to wipe it off, she noticed the hives that were developed on her skin. Her body felt like it was on fire. The poison that was injected into her veins has started showing its effects.

Yuna was a poison manipulator. She could inject poison and alter it in the body of any being or object with just a simple touch. Liya had known and experienced it many times before. I can best this, she told herself as she forced herself to move forward, keeping her composure.

Yuna leaped forward, swinging her arm across Liya in an attempt to strangle her. Liya caught her forearm and turned on her heels twisting the arm in her grasp before kicking Yuna in the guts and letting her go. The kick wasn't as strong as Liya had expected it to be-the poison had weakened her-but it did its work. Yuna fell to the ground sputtering out blood.

"You chose the wrong time to mess with me," muttered Liya.
"It's a full moon night."
Yuna looked back at the girl. She could see her eyes glowing a bright shade of blue through the hole in her mask.

"Tell me something," Liya stepped back, glancing down at Yuna with stone-cold eyes. "What promises did the old woman made to you to manipulate you to do her bidding?"

When Yuna didn't respond, Liya went on. "Did she promise you safety? Power? Vengeance?" There was something in her voice when she said those words. Something Yuna couldn't decipher. "Tell me, did she promise you love?"

"Easy with the questions" Yuna mumbled as she pulled out a knife from her pocket and threw it at Liya. The latter moved just in time and dodged the attack. Yuna got to her feet and Liya felt the poison spread in her body once again, weakening her senses yet again.

Liya stumbled backward, her vision blurring, blood staining the whites of her eyes. Yuna stepped forward and reached for the masked girl's throat. She grabbed her and twisted her neck to the side, gathering her strength.

Liya dropped to the ground, unconscious.

Yuna stared at the body lying down in front of her for a second, wondering if she should take the mask off of it. But there were more important matters at hand. She heaved a breath and walked past liya's body, supporting her wounded abdomen.

She turned to the side to take a look at the nearby building and the sight that greeted her made her eyes widen in shock. There was a hole burned in the ceiling of one of the floors and she could barely make out the two men falling down it as she watched the view unfold in front of her eyes. She quickly rushed to the Door and just when she reached for the doorknob she heard a voice behind her say, "I hope you didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily."

Impossible. She didn't even hear any footsteps.

Before Yuna could turn around, something hard hit her head. For a split second, she was in shock and then the pain flared up-slowly pulling her into unconsciousness. She stumbled backward, reaching for the back of her head. Through her blurry vision, she glimpsed Liya's figure standing at a distance.

"Tell me, did she promise you love?"

Liya's words rang in her ears as she slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

                      ———    

   【【「 Flashback 」 】】

When Yuna was 4 years old, she'd lost her mother.