Chapter 7

"Remember, I was forced to do this," Taehyung warned before ending the call.

"What was that?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow without looking away from the road.

"Just Liya being Liya," Taehyung shrugged and turned to face the other, "Its been a long time since we went to the game lounge. How about we go now?" he suggested, trying to take away Jungkook.

"Right now?" Jungkook asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah."

"You do remember that there is a meeting today, right?"

"Yeah, but there's still time. We can manage it," Taehyung said, hoping Jungkook would agree.

Taehyung wasn't the type to ask for things, he never really asked Jungkook for anything since they met. This was rare.

After Misa passed away, even though Taehyung never showed his tears or sadness in front of Jungkook, he knew that Taehyung was struggling to not fall apart or turn back to his old self. He was trying his best to become the person Misa wanted him to.

Jungkook took a glance at Taehyung before turning his attention back on the road. He noticed that Taehyung really wanted this, but something felt off.

After spending almost eight years with Taehyung, Jungkook could almost tell what Taehyung was feeling without him uttering a word.

Jungkook had a strange feeling about this, he felt like Taehyung was hiding something, but he decided to ignore it.

"Fine. If you really want to, we'll go to the arcade before going to the headquarters." Jungkook finally said after thinking.

"Great!" Taehyung exclaimed and punched the air in excitement.

Jungkook chuckled, "What has gotten into you? It almost feels like we have switched roles."

"I wasn't being annoying." Taehyung faced Jungkook and said with a straight face.

"When did I say- wait..." Jungkook dramatically gasped when he realized what Taehyung just said. "You mean to say that I am annoying?!"

"Aren't you?" Taehyung shot back, trying to suppress his smile.

Jungkook gave him a quick glare.

Taehyung laughed, "Now, now. Dont be a cry baby and take me to the game lounge."

"Whatever." Jungkook rolled his eyes, but the corner of his lips were turned upwards. He was happy to see Taehyung laughing again. All he wanted was his best friend to get the happiness he deserved and he was ready to do anything for it.

About an hour passed and the pair was still into the games in the game lounge.

"Jungkook for the last time, stop killing him!" Taehyung shouted at his friend.

"I'm trying!" Jungkook yelled back.

"Shut up."

Jungkook snapped his head towards Taehyung and started shooting daggers through his eyes.

"Focus on the game, you can stare at my face later." Taehyung's lips curled up into a teasing smirk.

Jungkook continued to stare at him in disbelief.

"Noooo!" Taehyung shouted as they lost the game. He removed his headphones and turned to face Jungkook. "What?"

"Why are we even friends?" Jungkook asked.

"Its because no one can tolerate you except me." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Its the other way around."