Chapter Thirty Four

"Shut the hell up Mike." I gave a dirty look to the tall boy who was still complaining about the campaign from the night before.  "But you need to get your boy-"  I sent him another glare which caused him to actually shut up this time.

"Y/n you're gonna run me into a wall if you don't pay attention to where you're pushing me." I stopped walking and Max was right, I was so busy send Mike a death glare that if I would've take ten more steps then we would've ran into the wall "I'm sorry Max." She just softly nodded her head as we all got into the hospital elevator.

Today was the day that she was finally going home, well not actually home since her and her mom are now staying at the Sinclair house because their house got destroyed and Mrs.Sinclair was quick to invite them to stay at their house when Max woke up.

For the past week that she's been awake all of us have been coming to visit her after school and Lucas has even started bringing Max her school work so she can still pass this school year but the school already said that they are going to pass everyone on this school year because of all the issues that happened this past month.

So yes, even Eddie gets to walk the stage next week which he is very excited for. He's been talking about it nonstop since he found out he was going to graduate. Wayne was quick to grab him in a tight hug when they found out but I know that next week Wayne is going to cry, he's Eddies dad in a way and he cares for Eddie like a son so I would be surprised if he didn't cry especially after the month they had.

"Mike just admit that you should've ran, trust me sometimes I regret not running too." The tone in Eddie's voice changed when he got to the end of his sentence while he talked about not running but it's not wrong for him to feel that way. He literally died for a bit because he didn't run, he thought that everything was over when he wasn't ready for it to be over.

He still has nightmares of that night but now he doesn't just say what he said that night, he's also screaming and crying that he's not ready to go yet. It breaks my heart every time I wake up to him yelling and crying and I have to shake him out of it. Multiple nights in a row I have to sit there holding him close to me while I let  him cry into my shirt while trying to calm him down. Wayne told me one night while Eddie was asleep in my arms that when he was younger his nightmares used to be horrible that sometimes they were so bad they used to cause Eddie to have panic attacks.

Mike was about to yell at him but Steve was quick to stop him "Don't even start Wheeler. Y/n and Max don't want to deal with you two today." Which caused me and Max to nod in agreement to Steve's statement because he was right, we didn't want to deal with dumb fights on a day like today.

The elevator did one last beep as the doors opened up and we all stepped out of it so we could leave the hospital. Me and Max got out first since she had to be pushed in her wheelchair, then it was Mike and Eddie, then Dustin and Will, then Lucas and Erica, then finally El and Steve followed behind us as we all walked out the entrance to all of our cars.

Jonathan and Argyle were waiting by their van, Eddies van was parked next to them, then Steve's car was parked next to Eddie since he had to go to work right after this. Nancy was at the Sinclair house helping set everything up for Max and helping Mrs. Sinclair get ready to take care of Max until her casts come off. Since Susan is always working Mrs.Sinclair was quick to offer to take care of Max. She adores Max which I love, Max needs to have someone there for her since Susan isn't.

Even before all of this happened she distanced herself from Max since Billys death and since Neil left. Anytime she was off from work she would just drink and sleep, she made Max figure shit out on her own which sucks. I get that Susan was going through a hard time but that doesn't mean you can push your own daughter away.