Chapter Ten

I opened my eyes and it felt like I had just woken up from a dream, maybe it was all just a dream but with the luck I have that would be far from what is actually going on. My eyes were still adjusting and I looked down and everywhere around me was these weird dark slimy vines if you watched close enough you could see them move. I looked to my right and there stood Nancy, Robin, and Eddie just as confused as I was. Eddie was just about to say something when we heard screeching and a loud commotion.

It was Steve and these weird bat things were attacking him. I looked to my left and there was a boat that the vines have taken over as theirs and in the boat were three oars. I reached my hand into the boat and grabbed the oars with all the strength I had and pulled them out and handed one to Nancy, Eddie, and when I tried to hand one to Robin she shook her head "I got this with my hands" We didn't have to time to argue so we ran over to Steve and started hitting the bats. Steve was getting choked out by one of the bats and two more was attacking his stomach causing there to be blood all on his stomach. Nancy hit one that was on his stomach and Steve looked at us in fear. He wasn't afraid of us, he was afraid of getting choked to death by the bats.

Nancy and Robin started attacking the other two that were on Steve while me and Eddie started hitting the ones that were in the sky. "Y/n watch out! Move the hell out the way y/n! Open your fucking ears please!" What the hell was his problem. I'm trying to help get rid of these fucking bats and now he's trying to stop me and freak me out. I looked over at Eddie to see what was going on and why he was shouting like that when suddenly one of the weird demon bat things was on my back pulling me backwards. Robin and Nancy came to my side as all three of us tried to get it off me. While all three of us are screaming at it. "Nancy, Robin get it off" "Get it off" "Hit it again" "Pull it this way" "Fuck why won't it come off" It hurt like a bitch if I'm being honest.

Luckily after us fighting with it Robin and Nancy was able to get it off. I stood there for a second to catch my breath while I witnessed Robin hit it on the ground at hard as she could, I grabbed my oar of the ground and stomped my way over to Robin. When she had it on the ground I stepped on the dumb bat as hard as I could and she moved her hand and that was my green light. "Go to hell" I stabbed the damn bat over and over again until it didn't even twitch. I looked behind me and Eddie had a bat coming full speed at him while he was taunting it. "Come on man! I said come on! Come at me!" When the bat got close enough Eddie stabbed it in its mouth with the oar and then put it onto the ground and shoved the oar even farther in its mouth and smashed it. Steve got all of our attention when he had the bat that was around his neck and was hitting it on the floor over and over again until he ripped the bat in half. We all stood there in shock while Steve spit the blood out of his mouth and honestly Nancy looked like she was going crazy over it. Could she possibly make it any more obvious that she was crushing on him again, maybe I'm reading the room wrong but normally I can tell when someone likes someone especially when they make it super obvious.

I was snapped out of my train of thought when Eddie rushed over to me and spun me around so my back was turned to him "Turn around let me check your back I need to make sure you're okay" I just nodded my head as an okay giving him permission to lift up my shirt and when he did I looked over and once again saw Robin with a big smirk on her face. I swear I love her to death but come on it's like anything we do she smirks at me. Nancy ran over to Steve to examine his wounds too. "Fuck you're bleeding y/n" I wasn't my main concern though, everyone else was. I needed to make sure Steve wasn't going to die from bleeding out and that no one else was injured or bleeding. "Eddie I'll be fine." I pulled my shirt back down and walked away as I heard him sigh and yell and throw his oar down "Jesus H Christ" I don't blame him for being stressed or scared but I don't know if he is upset with me shrugging him off and not caring about him trying to look out for me or if he's upset with everything that's going on right now. It's probably a mix of both.