Chapter Eighteen

We had all agreed on the plan of stopping somewhere and getting all of our weapons made. I pictured like a few guns or something but hell no, Dustin and Eddie were making shields out of metal garbage can lids and they nailed nails through them, Erica and Lucas was making spears out of wooden rods and knifes and using rope to tie the rod and knife together, Max and Nancy were sawing a part of a shotgun off to ensure Nancy gets a perfect shot and won't ever miss her target. Steve, Robin, and I all worked on making Molotov cocktails. Robin and Steve poured the gasoline in the empty liquor bottles while I put the cloth in the bottle making sure enough is touching the gas and there was enough outside of the bottle to burn.

They were talking about Vicki because I guess Robin saw her in the store with some guy and they were kissing so Robin got upset about it. It's understandable, watching your crush like someone else and even possibly love someone else really fucking hurts. It feels like someone pushed you down and is hitting and kicking you over and over again and won't stop.

I glanced around at everyone but my eyes stopped at Eddie and Dustin, they were playing around with each other trying to take one another to the ground. My heart fluttered at the sight. It was adorable.

"You might as well tell him you love him or something." I snapped my head over to Steve and saw Robin nodding her head in agreement. "What are you even talking about Steve?" I stopped what I was doing to put my full attention on the two next to me "Isn't it obvious? The way you are with him is different than anyone else you've been with before. You two admire everything about it each other. You two would do anything for each other." I was about to say something when Robin spoke up in agreement with Steve "Everyone's seen the way you look at him when he is caring for Dustin or anything involving Dustin. It's so obvious." What is even going on right now. They're right though and I don't know if I should deny it or not so I decided to just stay silent and finish the bottle I was doing.

"Guys.." they turned their attention to me as I set the bottle down to grab another one. "Call me crazy, but I don't know, I have this terrible gnawing feeling that... that it might not work out for us this time." I looked around at everyone and that feeling in my stomach was still there "You think that we shouldn't be doing this?" Steve sounded a bit worried, he knew to always trust my gut feelings. They've never once been wrong but I don't know if this is a gut feeling or stress or anxiety.

"I think we're mad fools, the lot of us, but... if we don't stop him. Then who will.." I trailed off while watching everyone, Dustin and Eddie were still playing around with the shields they made and were testing them out with the third one for me sitting on the ground with a picked wild flower resting on top of it, Erica and Lucas were testing out the spears making sure that when you swung them around the knifes won't fall off, Nancy was pointing her gun at a tree making sure it aims good and Max was by her side.

"But we have to try, right?" I nodded my head at Robin. Steve raised up one of the bottles slightly "To killing Vecna." He toasted "Slash Henry" Robin joined him holding up one of the finished bottles. "Slash one." I held up another finished bottle and all three of us clicked them together in a toast. We finished the bottles and brought them inside the motorhome. Everyone else finished what they were doing and brought everything inside.

We started organizing everything and handing each person what they needed. Erica, Lucas, and Max all got purple lamps and notepads with pens and then flashlights for the creel house. Dustin got his weird camo thing that was made out of fake moss that would help him blend in with the bushes even though there aren't any bushes in the upside down, he wore a camo bandanna on his forehead like a headband. He had his shield and his spear in his hands.

I put on a green army vest and had a matching bandanna on my head just like Dustin. I put the flower that Dustin and Eddie picked for me in one of the pockets on the vest, in my hands I had my shield that the boys made and my spear. Eddie had on the same vest as me over his leather jacket just like how he wears his normal jean vest. He has on his black and white bandanna but he wore it differently, he wore it on his head like a pirate. It was fucking adorable, in his hands he had his shield and his spear. Me and him both wore bullet belts though, he snatched two of them before anyone else could grab them.

Robin, Nancy, and Steve all wore the same green vest. Robin had on a red hat on her head and in her lap she had a book bag that had things like flashlights and small knifes and lighters and then she had the margaritas we had made. Nancy and Steve both had bags filled with the stuff they would need but the thing that made their bags different was that Steve has an axe in his while Nancy has her gun in hers. We all got situated and started driving to our first stop, the Creel house.