Chapter Thirteen

Nancy started spelling the word stuck out and at first Dustin and them thought we were spelling stupid but then they got that we were spelling stuck. I could hear Dustin's voice echo as he asked us if we were stuck. Which yes, we are. "You can't get through watergate?" He continued to echo. Steve looked over at me "What the hell is watergate?" How does he not comprehend "because it's a gate that's in the water. Water. Gate. That simple Steve." It's sad that I even had to explain it to him. He rolled his eyes and looked back to the particles. Nancy then started spelling out guarded. She was telling them that we can't go back through the watergate because it's guarded. The story about the bats can wait until we get out.

"We think we have a theory that can help with that. We think that watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site." I looked over at Eddie because I instantly understood where Dustin was going with his theory when Nancy asked if anyone knew what Dustin was talking about. I was about to say something when everyone just said no and Nancy went ahead and drew a question mark in the particles. Dustin will be able to explain better than me anyways. "How many times do I have to be right on the money before you guys trust me." He had such an attitude for a freshman, but once again he is always right when it comes to these types of situations. "Jesus christ this kids gotta get his ego in check." At least Steve is being honest and Eddie agreed "Its his tone, right?" And Steve agreed with him. It's like they are friends now and are bonding over calling out Dustin. 

"So how far is your trailer?" Nancy asked Eddie and he was quick to respond "Seven miles." Robin then spoke up, "Nancy. Uh, I know your house here is like weirdly creepily frozen in time and shit but haven't you always had bikes." She was right, we could just ride the bikes over there instead of walking the whole seven miles, that would take too long. We all got on the Bikes and started heading to the Munson residence. I don't know what it is with Eddie but he keeps on sticking close to me even while we are riding the bikes he's right next to me going the same pace I am even though he looks like he could go faster. He is so careful with me and watches over me. It's comforting in a way but at the same time I don't want to feel like he has to babysit me.

"Hey Munson, you don't have to babysit me you know. You can go ahead with Steve." I yelled to him and I could see him roll his eyes "Y/n, I like you if that's not obvious enough. So I'm going to look out for you to make sure nothing happens to you and to make sure you're safe. I'm not babysitting, I'm caring and protecting something I care about." I couldn't help but smile at what he said. I could hear Robin groan at us "You two are being too lovey. It makes me want to puke." We are being extra lovey but come on, he's cute so who wouldn't. "You know, if you got over your fear of telling Vicki that you like her then you could be just as lovey to her as me and Eddie are."

I'm just telling her the truth. She needs to confess her feelings because Vicki literally feels the same way and it's so fucking obvious. You can just tell by the way they look at each other. " I gotta agree with y/n real quick. When we get out of this hell hole you better tell her that you like her." Steve announced from the front and Nancy just shook her head in agreement. We all could tell that Robin and Vicki like each other. "Yeah yeah whatever. I'll confess when I want to confess it." I rolled my eyes as she continued on "Eddie are you going to confess how you truly feel about y/n or are you going to keep down playing it and not tell her that you would constantly ask Dustin about her while you two would walk to your D&D clubhouse."

I looked over at Eddie for a quick second and his face went pale, like he saw a ghost. I looked back ahead of me when Eddie spoke up "Alright fine, anytime Dustin would tell me about you I would ask him more and more about you. I wanted to talk to you before but I didn't know if you were mentally okay for that. So I minded my business and then that day in class I finally said something to you." Woah. He said barely anything but it was a lot to process. Robin just started laughing at him and I didn't know what to say. I kept quiet for awhile after Robin settled down. I could feel Eddie glancing over at me repeatedly probably waiting for a response or anything but truly I couldn't give him anything.

It was nice and respectful that he didn't want to say anything because he didn't think I was in a good spot and he didn't want to stress me out or anything but I also feel bad because the only time I would remember him is when I would see him. Maybe it was just because for a while now mentally I felt like I had too much on my plate and I couldn't really remember anything for shit except for the Starcourt incident. Suddenly Nancy started talking "You know, a couple years ago, I would say back when
y/n was in Sophomore and maybe Junior year. She used to look at you all the time. She never said why though but I remember there was a battle of the bands and me and Jonathan had to go and take pictures for the Newspaper. We dragged y/n along and she just sat and listened to your band play but when any of the other bands played she would get up and walk away and go grab a drink or do whatever to pass time." I completely forgot about that, what the hell. Actually I'm not even surprised with her memory at this point. It's a lot better than mine.

I looked over at Eddie and he looked over at me at the same time with a big smile on his face. I looked back ahead as my face started to get hot. "Thank you for exposing me Nancy." Robin and Nancy were laughing "You're welcome y/n. I just had to bring it up after Eddie felt embarrassed when Robin called him out." Well how lovely, me and him both feel embarrassed now. "When we get out of here, I'll let you come to our band practices." His band was good, it truly was. I would gladly sit and listen to them whenever. Plus Eddie plays the electric guitar really fucking good. So I'm definitely not going to pass up on the offer. "Yeah, I would like that a lot." I got a really good feeling about him.