Chapter Fifteen

It felt like time had froze for a second like everything was stuck in place. My body couldn't move and everyone's voices were fading out. "Y/n! Let's go!" Eddie was shaking my shoulders to snap me out of my trace. I heard Robin and the kids yelling for music in Eddie's room. I followed Eddie to his room and it was completely distraught. "Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica said as she coming running in from the living room where the gate was. Everyone somehow went faster throwing everything everywhere. Everyone was shaking and breathing heavily and we looked through cassettes and any other music items we could find.

"What are we even looking for?" I yelled out to the group. "Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin yelled back while her and Eddie quickly looked through cassettes. Eddie snatched a cassette tape out of Robin's hand as she yelled at me "This is Music!" He yelled back at her. Him raising his voice shocked me, he hasn't yelled at anyone at all through any of this until now and even back in school he never yelled out of anger. Steve yelled for us to come to the gate and when we all did we saw that Nancy was awake. He held her and calmed her down for a bit before they climbed onto the rope and came out of the upside down. Steve held Nancy up in his arms as we all made our way over to Max's house. When we got in the trailer Susan wasn't anywhere to be seen but Max just shrugged it off. I sat down next to Eddie on the couch and right away he grabbed my hand and kissed his ring and then my hand, he then set our entangled hands into his lap. Steve told Max to try to call Joyce and when she did the line was busy. She tried two more times before she decided to give it a break.

"He showed me things... that haven't happened yet. The most awful things... I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this giant creature with.. a gaping mouth and this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army and they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes." Nancy's voice was cracking as she was telling us what happened "And then, he showed me my mom and Holly and Mike and they....they were all..." she tried to finish her sentence but she just couldn't bring herself to do it, her breathing was shaky while she was trying to contain her sobs. She had tears falling down every now and then, she was trying to be strong and hold herself together but she was slowly cracking.

"Okay, but.. he's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right, I mean.. it's not real." Steve tried to reassure her but she disagreed "Not yet, but there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates spreading across Hawkins and these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer" when Eddie's name was mentioned he let out a small sigh and brought our hands that were entangled together up to his face and held his chin up with them. It was obvious that he is feeling guilty about something but I just don't know what. He has nothing to be guilty for anyways. "but... they didn't stop growing and this wasn't the upside down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home." It was silent for a moment while we all tried to process what Nancy had said. It was like Vecna had showed her the future or something.

"Four chimes." We all turned to Max as she spoke up. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly." Nancy agreed with her and confirmed that she had heard the clock too. "He's been telling us his plan this whole time hasn't he?" I felt Eddie squeeze my hand slightly as I finished my sentence. "Four kills...." Lucas trailed off "Four gates...end of the world." He looked over at me and nodded his head as I completed his sentence for him. "If that's true then he's only one kill away." Eddie started muttering Jesus Christ over and over again until I pulled his head onto my chest as I held him close to me. He was scared, we were all scared. We've dealt with the upside down before but not like this. This is different. Steve ushered Max to try and call Joyce again but once again it was busy.

"That phone has been busy for what..three days now. No way, something's wrong." Max was right there is no way that the phone would be busy for three days straight. Not possible. "She's right, it can't be just coincidence. It can't be. Whatever is happening in Lenora is connected to all of this. I'm sure of it but Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead.." I trailed off as I let go of Eddie's hand and looked at his trailer from the window.

"We have to go back in there. Back to the Upside down." Steve and Eddie instantly shot me down. "Y/n you're still hurt. No I'm not letting you." Eddie's cute but him telling me no isn't going to stop me. "Let's think this through." Steve said as he stood up and walked to me "What is there to think through." Eddie was shaking his head at my plan "We barely made it out of there" Steve was raising his voice so I did the same. I'm not backing down we need to kill this asshole before he destroys our town "Yeah, because we wasn't prepared but this time, we will be. We'll get weapons and protection. We'll go through the gate, we'll find his lair, and we'll kill him." Steve rolled his eyes and I could see Eddie rubbing his face with his hand and then he looked back up at me and his eyes were watering.

"Or he'll kill us! The only reason why Nancy survived was because he wanted her to. He's not scared of us." Steve pointed at Nancy as she was sitting there trying to think everything through. Robin stood up and got next to me "And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry what are we calling him now?" She looked around and everyone had different answers. I looked back over at Eddie once again and he looked like he was even closer to crying. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up I walked over to Max and asked her if I could talk to Eddie in her room for a second and she said it was fine. I pulled Eddie to her room and closed the door behind us and sat us down on the bed. None of us said anything and I pulled him into my arms, he put his head in the crook of my neck and started sobbing. I didn't know what to do so I just rubbed his back and tried to calm him down. He lifted his head up away from my neck when he tried to calm down his breathing. I brought my hands up to his face and wiped his tears as his doe eyes looked back at mine.

"Alright Eddie the Banished, are you ready to go back out there?" We both started laughing "Yeah, I am sweetheart." He gave me a quick peck on the lips before he stood up and stuck out his hand which I gladly took and we walked out of Max's room and back into the living room where everyone was. When we sat back down onto the couch Max was explaining how she still feels Vecna there and that she's still marked/cursed. "I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me." She's insane, I don't know what plan that they formed and me and Eddie missed it while in Max's room but there is no way in hell I'm allowing Max to be bait. "Max. You can't. He'll kill you." She turned to look at me "I survived before... I can survive again." She is insane. She's lost it. I shook my head at her telling her no but she continued on "I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that attic then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosive Dustin cooks up. I honestly really don't care how you put that asshole in his grave. Just...whatever it is...whatever you do...try not to miss."