Chapter Twenty Three

I pulled back away from Hopper but I was still in his arms and he was inspecting me like he was checking for any wounds like the ones that are hidden by my hellfire club shirt.

"Y/n can go home now if she would like, I would just need to get her paperwork and need for her to sign them." I looked back to the nurse who had a huge smile on her face, I eagerly nodded my head yes. I want to go see max, go find Eddie, sleep in my own bed. As the nurse walked out Hopper let go of me and Joyce pulled me into her arms.

"You're so strong y/n we heard about what happened." She held me even tighter which caused me to wince from the pain on the stitches, I held back my wince with Hopper but I let the wince slip from my lips this time. Joyce immediately pulled away and looked at me the same way Hopper did, like she was trying to find any cuts or marks on me.

I looked over at Murray who was staring at me with a smile "Look who it is, y/n who somehow rose from the dead." He said as I gave him a side hug which he returned. Joyce and I laughed at what Murray had said but it seemed like Hopper was a bit tense about it. I let go when the nurse came back with the paperwork and a pen, I signed everything and handed the pen and paperwork back to her as she handed me a hospital bag with my clothes in it, they were the clothes I wore in the upside down and I couldn't help but cringe at them remembering what happened this week. It was hell.

Dustin and Steve busted into the room and looked at us like deer in headlights and we looked back at them like they were insane. "Oh you're leaving y/n?" I nodded my head in confirmation to Dustin who then grabbed my bag out of my hand and ushered me out the room door. I looked back at the group who was now trailing behind us and I see the flowers that were in my hospital room were now in Steve's hand like they were a trophy or something.

"You like your hellfire club shirt?" I looked back to Dustin who had a smile on his face, I'm so glad I'm able to continue to see that smile on his face. "Yeah I really love it, did you get it for me?" His eyes got wide for a second before he came up with something to say "Oh um yeah... yeah I did." It's so obvious when he lies, and right now is one of those times. "So we plan for you to see Max tomorrow if that's okay, we want you to get some rest for tonight." I stopped in my tracks at what Steve said. Is it really that bad where I'm going to need a full nights rest to mentally prepare myself for when I walk into Max's room. I muttered a simple okay and continued to follow dustin as we talked to the hospital entrance to leave.

We got to Steve's car and Joyce and all them got into their car and said they were going back to the cabin since they decided they were going to fix it up and stay there for awhile. Me, Dustin, and Steve got and the car and we started crying back home and I was staring out the window looking at all the damages, houses were ruined, smoke was still in the air. This isn't the Hawkins I know and grew up in. This isn't my home anymore.

"Where's Eddie." I knew I had to just take a leap and ask them. I couldn't just sit around anymore and wait until time was right and they finally decided to tell me. I needed to make it known that this is a serious situation and I wanted to know what was going on. It was quiet for a moment before Dustin spoke up. "Eddie and his uncle are in the next town over. They decided to stay there for a bit once Eddie got out of the hospital a day or so ago."

Well at least now they are being honest with me but now I have an idea, we have three spare bedrooms in our house anyways sooo "Eddie and Wayne can stay with us, right Steve?" Steve looked at me through the rear view mirror and his eyes went wide for a second and then they went soft. Dustin turned to Steve for his response as he searched in his bag and pulled his Walkie out. "Fine. Tell them to get to our house with their stuff." Me and Dustin were screaming in excitement which caused Steve to groan and roll his eyes.

I grabbed the Walkie out of Dustin's hand and pressed the button so someone could hear me. I kept it on the channel Dustin had it on because I'm assuming it was the channel for Eddie. "Eddie this is y/n, are you there? Over." I said over at the end like a goon because I knew that if I didn't then Dustin would turn around and smack me and tell me to do it again but say it right this time. The crackling noise of someone connecting on the other side made my heart race "Y/n?! Yeah yeah yeah I'm here. I'm here sweetheart." His voice sounded in shock and also patchy like he was tearing up or out of breath or something. My heartbeat quickened and my body got hot and my heart started to flutter because of this damn boy. I knew I was in deep a few days ago but maybe I'm just now starting to realize how deep I'm actually in.

"You and Wayne need to gather all your stuff and come over to my house. You're staying with us for awhile." The smile on my face grew as he answered back "Alright, we'll be there in 30 or so minutes. Be careful darling and I'll see you then." I handed the Walkie back to Dustin who also had a huge smile on his face, all three of his adoptive parents are going to be in the same house. I could already tell that Dustin was excited and so was I. I'm excited to be back with Eddie. I'm excited to have him by my side again.