Chapter Twenty One

They had caught me up on everything I missed basically and the whole earthquake thing. Max's short death had opened up the fourth gate which resulted in the four gates coming together and splitting up Hawkins just like Nancy described.

Steve explained how he told mom and dad about it and that I got injured because of the earthquake and supposedly they said that we were grown enough to handle it and that they'll be home next week just like they had planned. It hurt when Steve told me what mom and dad had said. Me and Steve worked our asses off to help save the world and they didn't have a single ounce of time to come check up on us. How lovely of them.

I tried to ask about Eddie again but they just moved past the topic but I was quick to catch the look that they gave each other.

"So who dropped off the flowers?" Dustin opened his mouth to say something but Steve was quick to cut him off "I did! I did..." I don't know if he stressed or what but whatever is going on is completely weirding me out. There was a knock on the door and a very beautiful nurse who looked like she was in her late 20's possibly early 30's with dark brown hair came in. She had a tray in her hand that had what looks like a sandwich and chips and an apple juice box. I really only care for the apple juice box right now.

"Here you go sweetheart, take these and I'll come back in thirty minutes to check up on you." She said as she set the tray on the table next to my bed and then placed a little cup with two pills in it on the tray and then walked out with a warm smile on her face.

The way she said sweetheart instantly reminded me of Eddie and the way he would pull me towards him with his ring covered hands on my hips and call me sweetheart. This spring break was good and bad. I definitely realized things.

As I leaned over and grabbed the tray I could feel a pulling feeling down at my abdomen which caused me to wince in pain. Those demobats were bitches and I'm glad that they are dead. Fuck those assholes and fuck Vecna for everything he's taken from me these past years. He was the leader of it all, he's the reason why I lost Billy, he's the reason why Max is in a coma right now, he's the reason why Eddie isn't by my side right now, he's the reason why Chrissy isn't alive anymore. He took so much from us, from me.

I opened up the juice box and used the apple juice to wash down the pills. Having the drink was amazing, my throat felt dry like as dry as a desert or something. I unwrapped the pb&j and was about to take a bit as the door opened up and in walked El, Mike, Will, Jonathan, and some other guy. If i remember correctly from El's letters then that should be Argyle. What are they doing here. All of us had shock written all over our faces. Steve, Dustin, and Robin all engulfed El and Will into a tight group hug as Jonathan walked over to me.

"Hey loser. How are you feeling? Lucas told us what happened to you." Lucas and Erica were in Max's room and didn't want to leave her side which is totally understandable so I'm assuming they stopped by Max's room first. "I'm all good, just a bit sore." I gave Jonathan a soft smile which he gladly returned. I could smell the slight hint of weed on him still but when Argyle came over to me it was strong. Not too strong but strong enough that it was very obvious that he smoked not long before this.

"Hey dude! You're y/n right?" He definitely fit his surfer boy pizza hat that he was wearing. The way El described their pizza made me want some. I would kill for some surfer boy pizza right now instead of the pb&j that I had just set back down onto the tray. "Yep that's me alive and well." He laughed at what I had said and tried to go in to give me a hug but Steve and Dustin stopped him. "No don't hug her just yet!" Those two dorks look out for me more than my own parents do. He instantly stepped back and stood next to the chair that Jonathan was sitting in.

"Will get your ass over here right now" Will happily walked over to me with tears in his eyes. They didn't look like sad tears though but just like normal, whenever he cries my eyes water too. It's some weird chain reaction that started back in 1984 when him and I got close. I never understood it or why it happens but oh well. He crouched down to the left of me and held onto the side of the bed, I dusted my hands off to make sure there wasn't anything on them and then put my hands on Will's face to wipe the tears off "I missed you, y/n. I truly did." God I want to hug this poor boy. "I missed you too Will." I looked up at El and she looked back at me and I knew I had to ask her about what I saw.

"Hey guys... could i have a minute alone with El, Please?" Steve, Dustin, and Robin all looked hesitant but that's understandable. Hell, I basically died in Dustin's arms. Trust me, I don't want them to leave my side either. They all walked out the room and I waited until the door fully closed behind them before I said anything to El who was currently at the foot of the bed. "El.... How did you do it?" Her eyes got wide for a second like she was shocked that I even remembered what happened.

"I don't really know how I did it, but I did it for you and Max and your friend." So he's alive. Eddie's alive. Eddie Munson is fucking alive but where is he. Why won't Dustin and Steve and Robin talk about him. Why won't they tell me anything. "Come here.... And you know that you can take the hoodie off. I'm not going to judge you. Trust me, you look badass." She sheepishly took off her hood and fully revealed the buzz cut that I had seen in the dark room. When she got over to me I pulled her into a hug. I don't care that it hurts. I don't give a damn. This girl risked her own life to save mine and the people that I love and I couldn't be more thankful. When I get out of here and Max is better and out of here, the three of us are going to have the best girls night ever. I gave her a kiss on her head and she pulled away a bit.

"I can go get everyone else and tell them to come in now." I nodded my head to let her know it's okay to tell them to come back in and when they did they stared me down as if they were checking to make sure I was breathing okay and I was still alive. Everyone started catching up on what happened and then the nurse came in and took the tray and checked on me to make sure I was feeling fine and then walked back out.

A hour or so passed and everyone left except for Dustin and Steve, Robin wanted to stay but she couldn't because she had to go help volunteer town at the Hawkins high gym because that's where they were letting people stay if their house was damaged. I started to get sleepy from the medicine and I could feel my eyes get heavier as I started to fall asleep.