Chapter 49

"Takeomi?!"

"Sup Takemichi."

"Wha-!" Takemichi and everyone else were shocked to see him there.

"I didn't know if I was going to show up, but decided to." He looks around for his friends. "Where's Waka and Benkei?"

"Over there." Takemichi points to the group who are still in combat. "fighting Taiju."

"Takeomi!" Senju jumps in. "You actually came!"

"Hey Senju." He greets her then meets Haru gaze. "?!?!" Takeomi's eyes widen as sees Hanma about to swing at Haru. "WATCH OUT!"

Haru not being fast enough gets punched hard.

"Haru!" You cried out. You were about to run to him but he shouts,

"Don't! Senju and I will handle him! You, Hanagaki and Baji keep going after Mikey!" Senju helps him up.

"Yeah (Y/n)! Big bro and I got this." Nodding at them they turn around and go back to fighting Hanma. You turn to Takeomi who starts walking to his friends.

- Wakasa's Pov -

Whatever the commotion was probably ended. I don't have the time to care since Benkei and I are fighting this monster.

"Seriously?! You two old men have lost your touch!" Taiju yells out to us.

Tch! I look towards Benkei. "Let's do THAT thing." He and I were about to strike Taiju when someone managed to interfere.

"Wha- Takeomi?!"

"Hey Waka. So you both really joined Kantou." Takeomi stands beside Taiju. "Hey kid, mind if us old men talk to each other for a bit?" Not giving Taiju a chance to respond continues walking to his friends.

"We're not betraying Mikey if that's what you're trying to make us do." Benkei tells him.

"This was our decision." I add in.

He stops at an arms distance.

"No, but you are betraying Shinichiro."

I flinched a bit from his comment. "How so?" I spit. "Shinichiro loved his siblings and would want us to support and protect Mikey."

"He was our leader and friend so we're doing what he would want us to do."

"That's exactly why!" Takeomi suddenly shouts. "He was our friend so you have to know that Shin would never want us to support Mikey while he continues walking down a dark path! If anything, Shin would want us to drag Mikey back and knock some sense into him!"

....I don't know how to respond that that.

"Got nothing to say?!" He continues to yell. "If you still think you're both right, then fight me!"

We're both silent, still not responding.

"Tch! Alright then!" Takeomi closes the distance between them and starts punching Waka and Benkei. "What's the matter?! You're not fighting back!" Takeomi doesn't stop his assault on his former teammates.

He's right. Benkei and I can't fight back. How can we? We thought our reasoning was right...but it wasn't.

"Hey you idiots!"

With shame, I look up. "Huh..?" Takeomi has his hands held out to us and smiling.

"What are you doing?" Benkei asked confused.

"The fact that you kept silent and let me punch you guys means that you're aware that you were wrong. My arm is getting sore, would you two just take my hand!"