Chapter 11

You, Ran and Rindou arrived to the festival. To save money, you didn't buy a yukata and just went in normal clothing. "Wow! Festivals always lightens my mood. I always used to go whenever I could so I never felt lonely." You said so cheerfully. Ran's and Rindou's faces darken hearing you say that. Ever since you stayed with them they of course grew to know you more as a person and want you to experience happiness. They watch you bounce up and down from excitement and they can't help but smile. "Come on! Let's go!" You pulled their hands, making them walk faster.

~dying from allergies while typing this part 🤧 ~

You jumped from booth to booth seeing what they had. Until you stopped at a certain booth that caught your attention. Ran and Rindou looked towards where you looked and see it was one of the booth that scam customers. "Oi (y/n), let's look over there. Rindou said pointing to any other direction. You shake your head.

"No, I want to try this one." You walked to the man running the booth.

"Hello young lady, would you like to try your luck with these strings for only (idk how much yen it is.)" The man said very happily.

"Sure!" As you were about to walk towards the man, you suddenly couldn't feel the ground beneath you. Ran and Rindou grabbed and held you up as they carried you in another direction. Once far away from that booth you turned to them and said with your arms crossed, "I wanted to try my luck."

"Sis, it was a scam." Rindou said bluntly.

"Those strings weren't connected to anything expensive, it was all for show. That's how they reel people in." Ran explained.

"People like you!" Rindou laughed. You elbowed him as your face flushed red. He bended over a bit from the pain. Ran laughed softly,

"You should know better by now than to make fun of her."

"Yeah but it's funny."

"Let's just go back. I want to enjoy tonight." You said walking back to the festival. Ran and Rindou told you every other stall is safe except the one you wanted to approach first so you went on to enjoy the night. You were currently watching Rindou struggle to get any fish from one of the booths.

"Agh! Damn thin ass paper.." he muttered in annoyance causing you to laugh.

"Let me try." Ran paid for his turn and scooped up a lot of the goldfish. You watched in awe. Ran threw a smirk towards Rindou which obviously annoyed him. Rindou looked around and saw a stall selling chocolate cover bananas. He bought two and gave one to you.

"Wow thank you Rin!" You said hugging him. It was Rindou's turn to give Ran a smirk. Suddenly it became a competition to see who can get you better things and one up the other. From cotton candy, takoyaki to small plushies from a run range. You had to yank them by their ears to stop. "You guys got to stop. We have limited amount of money!" You said somewhat angrily but happy that they were winning you things. They both looked at each other and shrug their shoulders agreeing to stop.

"Now what? We basically went through the whole festival." Rindou said slipping his hands in his pockets.

"I guess we should wait for the fireworks." You looked at him, eyes shinning so bright.

"Yes let's find a good spot!" A bit of time went by and Rindou found a small cliff overlooking the festival. "It's perfect Rindou." He gave a triumphant smile and you all made your way closer but a bit away from the cliff. As you stare at the night starry sky your mind begins to drift off to Mikey. Whenever a meeting was over you and mikey would sit on the shrines steps and look at the night sky, just talking just about anything. Your heart aches knowing you won't have those moments anymore. You unconsciously looked down and had a solemn expression that didn't go unnoticed by your brothers.

"Whats wrong (Y/n)?" Ran asked you, a worried expression written on his face.

"Sorry... just reminiscing." You said putting on a smile. You felt a hand on your head and was brought to Ran's shoulder. You were wide eye and felt tears spill out. He held onto your head and Rindou layed his head on to your shoulder. You silently cried with some sniffs here and there. You cried onto Ran's shoulder knowing you were safe and wanted and happy Rindou can be cute and vulnerable with you.

"(Y/n) look!" Rindou said making you at him. He was pointing at the sky and then a bright light made its way to your side vision. You looked towards the sky and see more fireworks blooming in the sky. You clutch to both Ran and Rindou hand as you watch the fireworks. I'll be okay. I have two people who care for me. It's time to let go of the past. Yet you didn't know you would soon see your former gang.