Chapter 47

The battle will be altered a bit from the manga. I'm not having Sanzu be rammed by Taiju's motorcycle. Gotta protect his family jewels 💀 my poor baby, I'll massage them later

"I miss this feeling!" Baji yells as we ride through the wind and our hair flying. He releases his hold on me to let his arms fly free.

"You never stepped out of the hospital since waking up?"

"Nope! Couldn't risk bumping into anyone I knew!" He laughs then quiets down. "I regret it though. If I would've let myself see the others, I could've met Draken. Now I can't." Your heart goes out to him. "Still, my regret isn't as big as yours."

"Hmm? What do you mean?" You asked him.

"You were there when Draken died. You tried to save him, but couldn't." This was one of those moments when you want to stare at the floor but can't cuz you're driving.

"He was shot three times. There was a limit to what I could do...There was so much blood..." Your voice slightly trembled. "I really tried..."

"I'm sure you did your best. And based on Emma's reaction back in the hospital when you told me about his death, they must've been finally dating."

"Hey (Y/n)?" You hummed in response. "I never actually said it...but I'm sorry." You were taken aback from his apology. "Like i said, Dr.Takado told me the whole story about everyone in Toman apologizing to you."

"I was also to blame. My reaction to everyone led up to this whole misunderstanding because I never told any of you about my situation."

"That doesn't excuse the things I did to you. I've beaten you just about enough so that Mikey wouldn't noticed since he cared about you." You stayed silent, not knowing how to answer. "I...all of Toman and I did horrible things to you and despite all that, you still tried to save me."

"Baji, I put that in the past and moved on. I forgave them an-"

"But to me it hasn't been that long. So once this battle is over and we knock some sanity into Mikey, I'll find a way to make it up to you!"

"You're not going to let this go, huh?"

"Nuh uh."

"Okay, I'll look forward to it. For now let's survive tonight!"

HONK! HONK!

"What the hell?!" You look in the side mirrors and see someone else on a motorcycle driving up to you.

"WHAAAHHAHHA!! Remember me girlie!" The voice shouts to you. You look to see who it is.

"Taiju?!" You shout surprised.

"That's right! You were observing my fight with Hanagaki and the others!"

You shivered a bit that he remembers you.

"You know this guy?" Baji questions you.

"Yeah... somewhat. It's a long story for another time!" You look at Taiju again and noticed he has a Toman uniform on. "Wha-"

"If I remember correctly, your name is (Y/n), right?" You nodded your head to indicate that he was right. "Well, do you know you have 3 people following you?" He says as he glances back. You do the same and he's right. There's 3 others on their own bikes following you.

"What the! How did I not noticed them?!"

"Let's pull aside and see what they want." He pulls to the side and you follow him. The 3 others also do the same when they get closer. They turn off their bikes and then you can see their faces clearly.