Chapter 42

Takado said that Takemichi is still unconscious and that Hina is there with him. Ran and Rindou were put to sleep because they tried leaving despite having broken limbs. The only one awake was Haru since he didn't get beaten badly besides the hit from Ran's baton and Mikey's kick. Takado said he'll watch Emma so you can talk with him.

You stand in front of the door, breathing deeply before stepping in.

"Hi Haru.." you stand awkwardly by the door.

"I didn't think you would come see me." He motions for you to sit.

You go and sit beside him.

"Haru, please tell me the truth." You look at him, your eyes begging him. He turns his head away from you.

"You said you wanted to be a nurse. I didn't want to drag you back into the delinquent life."

"If only you didn't hold back anything about Kantou Manji or Mikey, I wou-"

"Would you have done something? Done something to bring Mikey back to Hanagaki and the others?"

You're silent. You're not sure what you would have done.

"Haru, why do you stay beside Mikey?"

He tenses up a bit. He brushes his scars with his fingers. "Ever since that day...."

You grab his free hand and lightly squeeze it.

"I've been afraid of him. I knew he would one day reach a high and strong position and I was afraid what he would do to me if I ever disobeyed him."

You raise his hand to your lips and kiss it. "It wasn't your fault."

"I got into many fights back then trying to get stronger and Mucho straighten me up into a soldier."

"Are you going back to him?"

"I am. He decided to go down this path and as his loyal dog, I will follow him."

"Please Haru... don't go back to him."

He removes his hand from your grasp and rests it on your head. "I'm also doing it to protect you."

"Then protect me by my side!"

"I didn't noticed it at first since I was always with Mucho taking care of traitors in Toman, but Mikey developed this obsession with you ever since finding out your situation with your fomer family."

You raised your head in confusion.

"Huh?"

"It was subtle at first cuz he had Draken and Hanagaki with him, but when he disbanded Toman he started being obvious. Even when you and Emma were hospitalized he visited you first. Your brothers and I arrived to your room and saw Mikey beside you, he then left to check on his sister."

Hearing that Mikey is obsessed with you is still pretty shocking. You only had viewed him as your friend, heck even family before he told you to leave. Never once did you see Mikey romantically, the thought never even crossed your mind. You had your own problems back then.

"I'll continue to stay by Mikey so I can watch him. I fear Mikey might approach you again. I'll try something if he tries to go after you, but i fear he might secretly go to you."

"Ugh! Damn it Haru!" You held both of his cheeks and pressed your lips against his. You both savored the moment before you pulled back. "I meant what I said, my heart still belongs to you." You looked at him with your blushing face.
"Mikey killed a guy! He already scarred you for something you didn't do, he'll definitely kill you if you do something to stop him." More tears well up in your eyes.