Chapter 18

December came by in a blink of an eye. Ever since that night when you made dinner for the delinquents that carried the mattress, your reputation soared. They told one another what you did and they show respect whenever you're around them. You noticed that every once in a while some follow you whenever you walk into any suspicious looking area to protect you. They dont really step in since you can handle yourself, but they tag along just in case.

You've been going out and taking sewing lessons because you wanted to make your brothers handkerchiefs for Christmas. "Okay I'm heading out now." You told Ran and Rindou who were both sitting by the heater, wrapped in blankets.

"Are you dressed warmly sis? Dont want you getting sick." Rindou said softly. You noticed whenever he was really cold, he becomes somewhat more affectionate towards you and a baby towards Ran. You giggle at the thought.

"Yes I did. Bye!" You walked off and headed for your class. You walked by some of the guys and they greet you and you greet them back.

"Going to practice your embroidery skills?" One of them asks.

"Yup! I'm almost done with what I'm making." You said cheerfully. Just as you were about to walk off, one of them calls out to you.

"Be careful (y/n)." You looked back at him. "There's a gang called Black Dragon and they're brutal. I know you're strong, but avoid them if possible." You nodded and continued walking to your destination.
Black dragon huh... I thought we crushed them.
~~~

You were embroidering your brothers tattoos onto the cloth. You had to ask them for a picture of the tattoo they got because you were damned if you had to memorize it. It wasn't really colorful since their tattoos were black, but you added color by adding small faces of all three of you. You had to make two, each one mirroring the other since that's how they got their tattoo and one more for Dr.Takado. You knew he liked fried shrimp so you're embroidering that with his face on the corner.

You were still amazed at how long their tattoos go down their body. They tried to convince you to get one as well, but you straight up refused.

"Ow!" You pricked your finger on the needle. I guess I made enough progress for today. You got up and gave the handkerchiefs back to the lady for safekeeping and left. You decided to head for the hospital to visit Baji. You came to a decision to visit him once a month while he's in a coma to vent out your frustrations during your time in Toman. You signed the visitor sheet and headed straight to his room.

You walked in and sighed when you saw no one inside. Good, I can unleash more on you. As you were about to open your mouth, the door to the room opened. In comes Chifuyu and Takemichi holding a bouquet.

"(Y/n)?" Chifuyu said, surprised to see you. You got up and about to walk to leave.

"Wait please. I didn't get to thank you for saving Baji."

"I didn't do it for you or Baji. I did it for myself." You looked him straight in the eye. "I'm just waiting for him to wake up so I can hear from his lips why he hurt me so much." Chifuyu couldn't handle your stare and looked down.

"Um, (y/n)?" You turned to Takemichi. "Did Baji do something wrong to you." You looked to Baji and Chifuyu.

"Ask Chifuyu, Mikey or anyone in Toman. They'll tell you." You could tell Takemichi wanted to say more about why you know Mikey and Toman. "Go ahead ask."

"How do you know Mikey and about Toman?" He asked hesitantly.

"I was a Toman member and I knew Mikey since we were kids." His eyes went wide at what you said. "You could also ask Mikey why I'm not a part of Toman anymore."

"(Y/n)." Chifuyu called your name.

"What?" He looked up to you. "Why were with the Haitani brothers?" Finally the question was asked. You turned to him, just as you did you didn't notice that the door to the room opened.

"The Haitani brothers? They're my brothers." You said proudly.

"They're your brothers?!" Both Takemichi and Chifuyu say at the same time.

"I told them everything that happened to me in Toman and at home. They accepted me!" Your voice increasing by each word.

"Did I not accept you?"

That voice... you turned around and saw Mikey and Draken. "You did when we were kids. But when Toman, for reasons I don't know started despising me! How could I tell you! When you love them so much!" Your eyes became teary but blinked them away. I shouldn't cry now. Not here, not for them!

"(Y/n).."

"No! When my home life became even more unbearable, I went to confide in you after the fight and you didn't believe me!" Mikey's eye went wide.

"(Y/n)." Draken spoke up. He bowed down, a perfect 90 degree bow. "Me and all of Toman deeply regret how we treated you. We all saw how hard you tried to save Baji. Our regret is huge but we are extremely grateful. I know it may be too late but please, please forgive us and come back." He stayed bowing down. What he said annoyed you.

It took someone almost dying and for me to save them so they can see how much they need me?! You balled your hands.
"I will never forgive Toman. I made that very clear to myself months ago." You felt a hand on your fist and you look and see Mikey holding it.

"Please (y/n)..please come back. You could live with me." He lifted his face to meet your eyes. "You know my grandpa likes you, he'll be more than happy to let you stay."

"Let go Mikey." You tried pulling your hand back but he wouldn't let go. "Mikey, let g-"

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to let go of her arm." Another voice chimed in, it was Dr.Takado. Mikey obeyed him, seeing as he was a doctor. Dr.Takado guided you to his side. "You alright kid?" You nodded and walked out the room. "Please keep your conversations at a reasonable volume to not disturb the other patients." With that he walked out, following you.

"Thank you Dr.Takado." You bowed to him and he rustled your hair.

"No worries, but what was that about?"

"Just Toman's Leader and members. They wanted me to return to them because they regret it now, but I refused." You told him.

"That's your decision, if they do regret it then they should respect your decision to not go back." You nodded agreeing with him.

"Oh! Dr.Takado, are you busy on the 24th? I want to come by and give you a gift."

"Sure, I'll have something for you to." You smile at him. "Okay, I should head out now."

"Stay safe (y/n)." You waved each other goodbye and went back home.