Chapter 22

* Manga spoilers during the Christmas Arc!☆ Story May be altered ☆ You have been warned! *

"Any more bandages and you'll look like a mummy. " Rindou said as he starts to laugh. You kick him in the leg and he apologizes right away. You had bandages on your arms, stomach and a patch on your face when they were done treating you. You see Ran walking up to you holding a baton.

"I wanted to give you this at night, for a better wintery atmosphere but considering what happened earlier, here." Ran handed you the baton he used earlier. "Its the same one as mine so we match. I had it wrapped, but you know." You took it and looked at it. It had your name, Haitani (Y/n), carved in. You smiled seeing it.

"Thank you!" You hugged Ran.

"Don't I get one to?" You see Rindou with his arms held out. You go and hugged him to.

"A hugged deserved for scaring the crap out of my father." You giggled and let go. "God that was satisfying! I wished i could've done more damage." You sighed deeply and then felt both of your hands being held. On your right it was Ran and to your left it was Rindou. Looking at both of them, you see their faces red and avoiding eye contact with you. "Aw, no need to blush."
Both Ran and Rindou pull up their scarfs.

"It's red because it's cold." Ran said, keeping the scarf in place.

"Okay let's go with that." You grinned happily. You had always dreamed that your brothers would each take your hand and walk somewhere when you were a kid, so having that dream being fulfilled now made you incredibly happy.

"To the church!" You cheered as you all walked hand in hand.

~~~~

You get to the church and walk inside to see no one inside. "I guess we're early." Rindou said as he scratched his head.

"We could enjoy the show from up there." You said pointing up and seeing a second floor that overlooks the inside of the church for a great view down below. (Writer here! So I went back to these chapters and the church is not like that, so for this fanfic, it is! *btw is that called a loft? Idk)

You take the stairs and lean against the railing, waiting for someone to show up.

~~~~ Takemichi's Pov ~~~~

"This is it."

"Can you stick to the plan?" Kisaki asked me.

"Yeah. I'll go reason with Hakkai who should already be in the church." I responded. Chifuyu walks up to me and talks in a low voice.

"Takemichy, I know beating Taiju's important, but if you can just persuade Hakkai, then that'll change our future. Im counting on you." I nod at him,

"Yeah, I got this." And I make my way through the church doors alone. My eyes widen, there he is! My eyes landed on Hakkai.

"Hakkai!" He turns his head towards me, eyes widening when seeing me.

"Takemichy?! What are you doing here?!"

~~~~ End of POV ~~~~

"Oho, finally something." Rin said, head in his arms as they rest on the railing. We were out of their sight, but if they bothered to look up they can see us watching them.

"Takemichi. You're involved in this?" You muttered, finding this more interesting. He was telling Hakkai that killing Taiju wouldn't be the right way to end his tyranny when Hakkai suddenly shouts.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW!!!" His shouting startled Takemichi, but he continued. "If the food tastes bad, he hits me! If I didn't greet him properly then he forces me to sit kneeling all day!" Your eyes widen hearing him confess. "If I didn't wake up earlier than he does, he kicks me until I throw up blood. If our eyes meet when he's in a bad mood, he beats the shit out of me!" He turns his head looking at Takemichi. "That's life in the Shiba household." He turns his back to Takemichi again. "Stay out of our Family's business! Go home, you can't stop me." Takemichi is silent before opening his mouth.

"I broke up with Hina yesterday. "

Hina? He has a girlfriend? Well had I guess... you thought.

"I broke up with Hina to protect her." He shakes, his eyes watered. "I'm weak. I'm gutless and I'm a huge idiot. But she loved me anyway. So, I'd do anything to protect her! BUT!" He stands up straight. "No matter how much I hated my enemy, I would never kill someone!!!"

"He's better than Rin and I in that department." Ran said, enjoying the shouting match. You had forgotten that Ran and Rindou had killed before when they were younger.

"HEY HAKKAI! DO YOU THINK THIS IS GONNA MAKE YUZUHA HAPPY!? DONT YOU THINK YUZUHA WOULD BE SAD IF YOU BECAME A MURDERER!?" With Takemichi shouting, you didn't hear the door open and close and only noticed a figure walking up to them.

"There he is~" Ran said in a teasing tone. He was right, the man Takemichi and Hakkai were arguing about is here.

"Our father, who art in heaven. I pray, in thy holy name. Amen." Taiju finished his prayer as he walked up to them. "What the hell are you bastards doing here?!"