The Leap

By next morning, we were back inside Mae's cave. Once again, everyone was crowded in the living, brainstorming ideas on how they could stop Mr Kon when they come back. Like last time, I was back in the kitchen, preparing something a little different. Luckily, Mae had left plenty of cookbooks around on how to make something good. Everyone had filled an order and I got to work.

I had to admit, I thought I was rocking this look with the apron, I felt like a smooth barista . If felt nice to be doing something for the others for a change, they had all helped me so much recently, the least I could do was give them something nice to drink. 

As I began to finish up, I heard them talking from the other room.

"We could give the dinosaurs disguises," Ben suggested.

"Okay, I know I said no idea was a bad idea...," Darius said.

I pulled out a large plate and balanced the five drinks in them before making my into the living room. As I rounded the corner, Brooklynn had planted her foot on the table and laughed in victory. "I can't believe I finally got these babies clean".

Ben looked at her shoes. "Your shoes look like exactly like they did before".

Brooklynn gasped in fake offence. "I can tell they're cleaner, Brooklynn," Sammy said, to which Brooklynn smiled with a nod.

I joined with the group and held the plate under one hand as I strolled around the group, using the other to hand out the drinks. "All right, waiter Max is at your service. That's one cup of cocoa for one Darius Bowman".

"Thanks, man".

"One, extremely tall cup of coffee for the Super Star herself".

"You know it".

"A cup of cocoa with no added sugar, enjoy, Yaz".

"You're the best".

"Another cup of cocoa, filled to the brim with added sugar, excellent choice, Sammy".

"You just made my day".

"And last but not least...A glass of water...for Ben".

Ben took the glass and addressed everyone's confused faces. "Hey, just because I'm not a fan of beverages, doesn't mean I can't order something too," he said.

"What do you get?" Yasmina asked me.

"The only thing that a man raised in a British household could have," I announced dramatically as I set my own mug down. "Tea!" I took a sip and sighed in enjoyment, feeling my hard work paying off as everyone gratefully drank from their own mugs. "So, what were you guys discussing?"

"We might have destroyed Mr Kon's way to make dinosaur control chips, but he's always one step ahead of us," Darius told me. "We need a way to protect the animals from whatever he's got up his sleeve".

"But for some reason, disguises are off the table," Ben said, sounding rather annoyed. Did he really think that was the way to go? Sometimes, it was like he woke up with less braincells than the day before.

"Can't imagine why," Yasmina said.

"This is so nice," Sammy said with a smile. "All of us warm and cosy and sharing a cup together. Too bad we can't do this for the dinosaurs, it'd be a lot easier to keep them safe if they were all snuggled in one place".

I nodded at that idea and took another sip. Then I choked on the liquid as it suddenly clicked in my head. "Sammy, that's it!" I chugged down the drink, ignoring my now burned tongue and stood up. "I know what we can do!"

After everyone had finished their drinks, I led the others outside and pointed at the water at the base of the waterfall. "We'll recreate the one place where dinosaurs got along back on Nublar. The watering hole!"