Return To Isla Nublar

A/N: Hey, I'm not dead!

Iris marched into the atrium of the mansion with an impatient look on her face. "Masie!" She called out. She stopped in the centre of the atrium and put hr hands on her hips. "Where is that child? Masie!" She called out, louder this time.

The dinosaur diorama's around her were the exact same as ever, but she couldn't help but feel like they were watching her. If there was one room in the entire mansion that she hated, it would be this room, she understood how Masie could spend any amount of time in this place, surrounded by models of these frightening creatures, the very same ones that had taken her brother away from her.

She spotted something on the Allosaurus' mouth. Cautiously, she took a step toward it, realising that it was a knitted monkey toy. 

Iris barely had time to register the animal before a loud roar made her spin around in terror, only to be met with the face of a young girl, smiling mischievously at her. "Masie, you silly sausage! You know, one day my heart might really stop," Iris told the girl off. "What'll you do then? Go live in the forest with the lions?"

Masie simply giggled. "There are now lions in the forest".

"Well, your grandpa wants to see you".

"Really?" Masie said excitedly.

"Yes, now go see him and then get ready for your bath," Iris ordered.

"Ugh, but I don't want a bath," Masie groaned, pronouncing bath differently.

Iris gasped loudly. "What? Queen's English, girl. 'Bath' not 'Bath, you're not a wild animal". Masie replied with another roar that scared her a second time. Then she skipped away happily toward where she was told to go. Iris sighed, taking one last look around the room, then followed.

After making her way through the maze of halls that the manor had, Masie came to the door to her grandfather's bedroom. She quickly knocked and opened the door before a reply could be answered.

At the far end of the room, was her grandfather, Benjamin Lockwood laying propped up in his bed. Next to it was an IV system, with a cord running into his arm and another cord around his nose. He had a book with a leather cover on his lap, lastly, he had a bright smile on his face upon seeing who had entered. "Masie, come sit".

She obeyed and sat on the end of his bed. "I travelled to so many places," she said. "Through the Jurassic and Cretaceous in one day. Mostly herbivores. There was one T-rex though, casualties of course, Iris included. She jumped right out of her skin". 

Lockwood snuck a look behind his granddaughter to see the woman in question had just entered as well, smiling slightly at her story. "You have your mother's sense of humour," he said.

Masie looked down at the book, the photo album, in his lap, currently closed. "Do I look like her?" She asked timidly. 

"Oh yes, you could be her spitting reflection," Lockwood replied with a warm smile.

Mazy looked away, over to a table on one edge of the room. Just under the window sill was another diorama. This time, it was of a building with painted white walls and a thatched roof. A road was outside the large wooden front doors, the doorway was decorated with fossils of dinosaurs. Finally, at the end of the road was a massive gate with red writing on the top, reading: Jurassic Park.

"Did my mother ever visit the park?" Masie asked.

"Once. She would have saved them too, you know. She would have saved them all".

0O0

Most people had dosed in and out throughout the long flight. Owen had flat out slept through the entirety of the flight. Max was too nervous to even try to settle down. He had spent the entire time looking out the window at the endless sky as thousands of thoughts flooded his mind every second. His knee wouldn't stop bobbing up and down now matter how hard he tried.